Best Jackshaft kit?

GoldenMotor.com

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Hi, Im wondering what you guys consider the 'best' jackshaft kit?

Sickbikeparts and spookytoothcycles both seem to have the same $200 kit.
Zoombicycle has one for $130 but it doesnt quite look as good..

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
We have the original, we sell the best. Compare the Zoom kit to our $145 made in USA kit. There is a difference, and I will let the more neutral users comment on the differences. Thanks!

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Ah so thats where I saw the neat looking kit.. I thought this type looked the best:
Sick Bike Parts
But then when I actualy go to the sickbikeparts page to buy it, it looks like a totaly diffrent mounting system, whats up with that? ( Sick Bike Parts )
Also, What will I need to mate the HD shift kit up with the pull start accessory (And maybe centrifugal clutch)

Also does anyone have pictures of what the zoombicycles and new:confused: sick bike kits look like mounted up?

Last edited:

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Ahh, So the vertical rectangle bracket in the 'old' kit is just to move the motor bracket out of the way of the shift kit right?
And in the sickbikes kit, It has been combined with the part that connects to the clutch side, And the magneto side attachment part has been discarded?
That does seem a little stronger.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Sick Bike Parts...and you will get all the help you need installing the kit.The guys at SBP run a great biz.Trust me you wont't be waiting for days for an emai to be returned....more like a few hours.

Black_Moons

Oct 25, 2010
Canada, Bc
Hmmm. Does the SBP jackshaft kit move the motor forward enough to use the CNS racing carb without the offset intake? it doesnt look like you can really space the motor away from the jackshaft bracket at all if its one peice.

rickyant

Apr 27, 2011
brazil
Ahh, So the vertical rectangle bracket in the 'old' kit is just to move the motor bracket out of the way of the shift kit right?
And in the sickbikes kit, It has been combined with the part that connects to the clutch side, And the magneto side attachment part has been discarded?
That does seem a little stronger.
i´m builting a motor bike, and i want do put then to use the motor with the speeds of the bike, where buy

driftology

Jun 22, 2010
campbell, ca
don't get the zoom cycle kit!!!! please don't!! i tried it and it was a waist. i had to modify every part to get it to fit and it still wouldn't work. the SPB kit is much simpler and has less parts. so you don't have that many parts to rattle free from the motor vibration. i will also suggest getting the nicer freewheel. the standard one blew up after 2 rides. it could have been from the compression of the super rat engine. oh and what ever you get make sure you have some green loctite :)