Missing chain roller

GoldenMotor.com

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
I just inspected my "new improved" 415 chain and darn, I found a roller is missing from a link but the inner sleeve or bushing is still intact, is this bad for the sprockets 'cause I really dont wanna buy another chain but if I have to I will go through the trouble of replacing the link.. Thanks, Ed

Last edited:

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
That is just exactly why I don't use the #415 (Kit Chain) and always replace it with #41 chain. I have 6 of the new #415 chains if anyone wants them. Only thing is the shipping would cost more than they are worth.

John

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
I was fearing that oh well I will have to ride it w/o the roller until I get to work which is 40 miles away and replace the link there.. hopefully it wont do too much damage for that distance. Has anyone ridden without a roller?

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
That is just exactly why I don't use the #415 (Kit Chain) and always replace it with #41 chain. I have 6 of the new #415 chains if anyone wants them. Only thing is the shipping would cost more than they are worth.

John
I will gladly take you up on that offer. Please PM me the USPS shipping and paypal address.

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
ok guys I got one of those #41 chains, see how it goes. My motor just outputs too much power for the 416 and its only 48cc!! :) Must have did a good job running it in...