Shout out from Cali

GoldenMotor.com

Forkt

May 7, 2009
Redwood city
Just wanted so give a shout out, and say Hey Hey Hey. Just picked up my new cruiser and waiting on my 80cc engine. I hope to share my build up with you all soon and hopefully get some feedback/tips/lessons learned from all you peeps out in moto bike land. What a great site! Keep on puttin.

So i'm gonna say it knowing that there is tons of threads already, but... i'm looking for the latest definitive word. when we ride our 'hogs' are we riding in the car lane or the bike lane? anyone gotten a ticket out in Cali for doing either?

Cheers

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
welcome to the forum,i ride in the bike lane if there is one and on the side of road when there isnt one.exept when making a left turn i take the road unless theres heavy traffic then i will go around the block so i wont have to make a left turn.

Forkt

May 7, 2009
Redwood city
Good to know, thanks guys. The bike lane is what I assumed, but I had recently seen a gent riding in the middle of the street in traffic (although a small two lane road), which is what spawned the question. I'm guessing the cars were either afraid to go around or he was just not riding safely.

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
iv'e spent an entire month reading and studying the cali laws on these things and you must ride in the bike lane. and if one is not marked you ride to the right (all the same as a regular bike) and when riding near other human powered bikes you must slow to their speed or pass when safe.