Supercharger.

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
considered turbo, but chinese engines just aren't stout enough in materials to do much more than they do stock

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Problem is with our lay out you won't hold boost. The exhaust is right next to the transfer ports so realistically it will never really work on our engines. Some 2 strokes have different ways they work via methods I have no idea because I have never touched another 2 stroke, but are possible to boost. Realistically though it's not possible on your common china girl

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Should still work on a China Girl if you have a large expansion chamber with a rapid taper on the trailing cone. From what I have seen of the turbo charged 2 strokes that is how they get a strong pulse to hold in the boost for lack of a better explanation. What we need here is for someone on the forum to purchase one and have it delivered to my work address so my wife didn't see it. Then I will install it, probably extend the crank on the Magneto side for simplicity to drive it. I actually have a YZ125 expansion chamber already sitting there I will cut up and donate to the project. Then I will test it extensively and provide you all with the results. Please feel free to PM me for details on shipping.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I personally think it'd be easier to add an exhaust valve than a Turbo. Its not exactly a valve, but that's what it's referred to as, and it opens and closes automatically with engine rpms. They're used on racing two strokes.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Look up buddfab 50cc on google. They built a 50cc streamliner that goes 150mph powered by a 20hp turbo 2-stroke, using a suck through turbo with tuned pipe. The tuned pipe charges the exhaust, matching the intake charge.

I would be cautious with a suck through setup though. If you don't know what you're doing and you get early detonation the entire compressor becomes part of the combustion chamber. May be more work, but safer, to build a blow through with pressurized carb enclosure and a pressure-checked fuel pump.