dnut

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
now in the planning stages.

What is your opinion

.bf.
My opinion is it looks like a lot of work and lots of things to iron out while building. It's cool though and I like builds that take some imagination and not just a kit engine thrown on a junker.

I just use a very simple approach when building my own personal rides. My race bike is just a highly modified HF 212cc 4-stroke with auto tranny stuffed into a completely stock Felt beach cruiser frame. Some fabrication involved but not too much.

.wee.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
If you are asking if the frame was cut/stretched yes. The overall length on the engine is about 17". You just cant fit it to a common bike frame without cutting. About the only frame it will fit in to uncut is a stretch cruiser type. Check out some of CrazyHorses builds he uses this type frame.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I like your design for an off road motorbike, rambomart. Should provide a righteous power-to-weight ratio. Since your cub motor is 100cc, adding pedals still wouldn't make it street legal in most states.
You can get a 50cc cub motor with an integral pedal set if you need to be street legal.
However, as Scotto said, it is much easier to bolt a Briggs style motor into a beach cruiser frame if you are not a welder. There are plenty of such examples in the DIY/non-kit sub-forum on this site.

Last edited: