Custom Frame For Thumper Motor

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Neat Times: You can use the stock one and cut it, that’s what I have now and it works fine.

Is your motor a GC160 with plastic housing? I have one and really like it. I have attached a photo. The CVT should work fine on it.

If you can leave the housing...it looks cool I think...

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
sorry so late google snuff or not. pretty simple i'm not able to post without my kids help but you should be able to make one easily enough. right on scotto- they were mostly on honda 250 and 300 scramblers from the 60's. that bike scream's ASCOTT RACEWAY!!!!! all you need is the clay. dennis

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Update Goose:
I have been riding the crap out of this bike, all over the beach area and the town...even went into the hood and got chased with my son by the homies...left them in the dust....show me the money...

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Very nice Jeff, I love your big 4-strokes! I think you'll find that tach very handy, it makes keeping track of oil changes much easier. I'm just starting to hit 6,000rpm on my relatively stock 212cc. Pat took it for a ride for the first time yesterday....almost looped it twice. He couldn't believe the thing, it really sparked his building interest again ;) Looks like you're building a board tracker with the 160 hey? Keep em' coming.....

dnut

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
I am still waiting for the RIGHT spokes from Worksman, paid for stainless and got the standard. It has been like two months since I ordered from them, I will never due business with them again. The fruck-n run around stinks.

By the time I get the spokes I will have come up with my own thing for a rear hub and brake...like a disk

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks SB I guess I am not the only one...I wonder how Pat deals with them...

Whats a good one is I thought the lady put me on hold so I yelled out F-n _itch and she was still on the line...boy did she sound me...lol...there goes my order for the right spokes...

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
now, now, i'm sure she got her panties in a twist! their's a lot of place's in our country that are still in the 50's. try holmeshobbies.com i think he doe's 11 gage. he's into mopedarmy but say's he'll do them all. good luck dennis

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Jeff, if you're willing to go 12g stainless, I gotta guy down here that cuts and threads to any length you want........just so ya know ;) Don't know bout 11g, but I could inquire......

dnut

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Thanks Scotto but I got a guy close by that does great custom wheel building...Venice Motor Bikes...

DMB: I have used Holmes and will use them again, the quality of his spokes are top notch...I know the length for my application and don't need to shop the other vendor anymore...

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Update: trying to get my race bikes ready for the up and coming events...this tank had a leak at the back and was not good. Had to tig weld it up...so I held my breath and let it rip...JK...I did a little research to save my life...brake cleaner 1st, then some water and simple green and good to weld...now to mount it back on the bike and tune it up...

Attachments

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Update: trying to get my race bikes ready for the up and coming events...this tank had a leak at the back and was not good. Had to tig weld it up...so I held my breath and let it rip...JK...I did a little research to save my life...brake cleaner 1st, then some water and simple green and good to weld...now to mount it back on the bike and tune it up...

using brake cleaner can KILL you if used as a cleaner prior to welding

PHOSGENE

Phosgene is formed by decomposition of chlorinated hydrocarbon solvents by ultraviolet radiation. It reacts with moisture in the lungs to produce hydrogen chloride, which in turn destroys lung tissue. For this reason, any use of chlorinated solvents should be well away from welding operations or any operation in which ultraviolet radiation or intense heat is generated.

http://www.osha.gov/doc/outreachtraining/htmlfiles/weldhlth.html

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Well I only took a couple hits...lol...I know all about Phosgene...that was the big fear while in trade school for AC & R...many years ago...still alive today...

I made sure all the vapor was gone, washed the tank then welded it up. All good.

Ibedayank

Oct 29, 2011
Columbia Tennessee
Culver

never ment to infer that you didn't do it safely but many that have no clue read these posts and take things that are done the wrong way as the right way to do them.
"well so and so did it that way .... I seen it on the net so must be the right way""

Very nice job on the frame.