Scored a good deal on some bikes today....

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I found three bikes today while I was in town, each of them are 3 speed bikes, 2 of them have Sturmey Archer rear hubs and one has a Suntour hub.

1.) Mens- Texas Ranger with a Sturmey Archer Hub. ( Good Shape )

2.) Womens- Columbia with the Suntour 3 speed Hub. (Better)

3.) Womens- Free Spirit with a Sturmey Archer Hub. ( Best )

I paid $75 for all three bikes Total, $25 a bike was a fair price to me, they all have pretty good tires that hold air and both of the womens bike can be rode just like they are, I rode both of them around the yard on them.

I'm not sure what I will be doing with them yet, but I have some ideas for the future for a couple of them, these are very comfortable bikes....

Peace

Attachments

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Sweet score, Map. I'm learning that if I keep my eyes peeled, it's just a matter of time before I see a vintage bike sitting around. I'm not in the market, so I haven't bought any, but if I ever see another out with the trash I may feel obligated to do another rescue.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I wasn't really in the market either, but the bikes are in pretty darn good shape and they are all working 3 speeds with the Sturmey Archer hubs on 2 of them and the Suntour on the other, they have lots of good parts on them, so I figure I'll come pretty good in the long run.

Shan

Sweet score, Map. I'm learning that if I keep my eyes peeled, it's just a matter of time before I see a vintage bike sitting around. I'm not in the market, so I haven't bought any, but if I ever see another out with the trash I may feel obligated to do another rescue.

dan+1

Mar 5, 2011
Texas
That ranger could make a nice little boardie wanna be, flip the bars run a jack shaft and make it three speed. Yep I can see it clear as day in my head,,,

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yep we are on the same track bro.

It the a Sturmey hub and all kinds of room in that frame, I had even thought about a nice 4 stroke set up on this one as another possibility.

That will be a down the road project but for $25 I couldn't pass that bike up, I know some might not pay that for it but I figured the rear hub alone was well worth the $25.

I also have a plan for that Red Free Spirit, which I will tell you about at the meeting Saturday, I have road that little bike around the yard and it is a sweet riding booger, it also has the Sturmey Hub, you'll like my plans on it, it will be a good-un as we say around these parts.

:ride2:

That ranger could make a nice little boardie wanna be, flip the bars run a jack shaft and make it three speed. Yep I can see it clear as day in my head,,,