Mini keg mock up

GoldenMotor.com

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Well I had some time last night, so I walked down the road to a friends house and along the way I found a mini keg along the road. I said wouldn't this be cool for a fuel tank. So this is what I came up with. What do ya think? Is this a reasonable Idea? Anyone done it?

Attachments

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
DO IT!!!

maybe see if there's some way you can thoroughly clean out the keg. we don't need an intoxicated motor now do we? ;)

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Ok here is the update to the mini keg build...I went looking for something to use as a filler neck and cap when I came across my wife's aluminum water bottle, I peeled the brass screw fitting out of the top of the bottle and JB Welded it to the top of the keg. and waited for that to harden when it was done I drilled through the keg and used a dremel to smooth out the inner edges (careful of the threads). then I JB Welded a 1/4" brass fitting to the bottom of the keg over a hole I drilled there. Now I just have to get some hose and clamps and I'll have this mounted on my wooden keg carrier. I also made a place for the 6V batt. that's gonna run my lights. Once I get some $$ I'll buy a NT carb. and I'll be motoring again. Until later, Ride safe guys.

Attachments

Last edited:

dag_29307

Jul 1, 2009
Enoree, Sc.
Can,t you guy,s think of any thing better than JBWeld? Really?
Sorry that's all I have to work with. I have no cash flow and I can't afford the welder I want from HF yet. So I make do with what I have. and as this is my ONLY means of transportation right now. By golly it's JB to the rescue. Yeah it's a rather cheesy way to do things, but like I said I work with what I've got.

yodar

Jul 26, 2010
Orlando Fl
Sorry that's all I have to work with. I have no cash flow and I can't afford the welder I want from HF yet. So I make do with what I have. and as this is my ONLY means of transportation right now. By golly it's JB to the rescue. Yeah it's a rather cheesy way to do things, but like I said I work with what I've got.
I have a Heineken keg too and plan to use Plumber's GOOP, it is UV resistant, transparent, fuel resistant and less brittle than JB Weld

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
JB Weld is getting dogged here for no good reason IMHO, the hundreds of thousands of things that have been repaired over the years with it is amazing to me, I have made many repairs over the years with it and have tried to use it on other things and it wouldn't work, it isnt the perfect fix or the right fix for everything but it works pretty darn good for a lot of stuff just the same, fuel/oil doesn't effect it, it will take loads of heat and has a very good shear strength when mixed right, so I say great job on the Keg Tank, you could smoothe the edges of the JB-W... out real nice and then apply a little silver paint over it and nobody would know that it wasnt welded ground down and painted.

Just my $.02

Peace

Ratchetbirds

Jun 12, 2011
Eastern Wash.
Hey Mapbike, here's a tip for epoxy that works just as well with JB. If you are doing a fillet on 2 pieces at 90 degrees to each other, use a stick or whatever to put the JB in there, then, dip your finger in rubbing alcohol and run your finger over the top of the JB smoothing it out as you go. Then wipe your finger off on a rag or paper towel. No fuss, no mess, leaving a very smooth and professional looking fillet. I used to do high power rocketry and that is where I learned this trick.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Hey Mapbike, here's a tip for epoxy that works just as well with JB. If you are doing a fillet on 2 pieces at 90 degrees to each other, use a stick or whatever to put the JB in there, then, dip your finger in rubbing alcohol and run your finger over the top of the JB smoothing it out as you go. Then wipe your finger off on a rag or paper towel. No fuss, no mess, leaving a very smooth and professional looking fillet. I used to do high power rocketry and that is where I learned this trick.
Thanks for the tip Ratchetbirds,

I will remember that one for sure, that's one of the greatest things about this forum, so many people with such great experience in so many different areas which gives so many of us a chance to learn new tips & tricks we may have never known otherwise, for sure a wealth of knowledge here.........!

Peace, map

dance1