Another newbie from Milwaukee

GoldenMotor.com

Sazz

Apr 18, 2011
Milwaukee, Wi
I'm getting back into motorized bicycles after a long break. I built a 50s retro motorbike out of a 1995 Schwinn Cruser Deluxe. Bought the bike new in 1995, and added Schwinn Phatom parts at that time. Last winter I added a PK-80 motor with a Fatcat exhaust. The only thing that will change is the stock sprocket and chain tensioner. Any suggestions as what would be a good replacement?

Attachments

Sazz

Apr 18, 2011
Milwaukee, Wi
I had to reverse the sprocket (put the concave side to frame side) the hex head bolts stick out too close to the brake arm about 1/32" clearance which is no a whole lot space. I heard that there is a hub mounted sprocket out there know aything about it?
Sazz

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
The hub mounted sprockets are Manic Mechanic and Sprotscarpat. Very nice units and bullet proof. I always countersink my sprocket bolt holes and get 1/4-20 X 1" long flush head screws from Home Depot. Allows much more clearance.

Sazz

Apr 18, 2011
Milwaukee, Wi
Thanks for the information, I heard about counter sinking the bolts, it sounded like it would be more of a hassle than its worth. I'll take a look at the two suppliers you found, I really appreciate the help!