new member, moderate project underway

GoldenMotor.com

tire

Sep 29, 2010
College Station, TX
I POSTED THE DETAILS AND PICTURES OF MY PROJECT IN THE CRUISER BIKE SECTION.
hello all, among other things, i'm a 27 year old college student and amateur tinkerer. i started with this huffy cruiser frame. it's some steel/alum hybrid probably made from recycled cans, but is somewhat weldable and lightweight too. not to mention i like the cruiser look. i've taken a mountain bike front fork suspension and cut and welded the bearing shoulders so that they fit the huffy frame, which is smaller in diameter. i'm very excited i could get the suspension to work because it will make riding this thing much more pleasant, and safe. i am using two old ammo cans as saddle bags, which i think will be very practical and look pretty cool.

the motor kit is a grubee gt5 kit with "high performance" carb, though i don't think i'll have to worry about competing with my 1602cc yamaha road star anytime soon...

i wil be asking y'all a lot of questions, as i don't know much about 2 strokes other than the basics.

i'm going for a SoCal beach cruiser/1910 harley look with a black/red paint scheme as you can see in the picture. the head will be red and the block and casing will be black. i think painting the exhaust "glass pack" part red will look tasteful as well. i'm not sure about the chain guards. i ordered a custom decal to put on the gas tank.

austin

Last edited: