new and needing some help

GoldenMotor.com

shane1992

Jun 12, 2010
illinois
alright i got my engine kit and its all installed but i am having a problem with how to install my clutch cable if anyone could help it would be appreciated pictures would also be great i am a visual learner

shane1992

Jun 12, 2010
illinois
on my engine i have a swing arm looking thing and the wire is supposed to be fed through it so that when you pull in the clutch i pulls the swing arm in but i dont know how to keep the wire from sliding out and they show in the instalation guide a golden piece attached to the swing arm

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
the wire then is incerted through the slot in the "swing arm" (clutch actuator arm) and allow the "golden" wire end clamp with the set screw in it to set into the small hollowed out area near the end of the swing arm area. You can put vice grips on the swing arm, mildly disengage the clutch supplying pressure via the vice grips and thread the cable into the slot and engage the cable catch (with the set screw) into the hollowed out portion. Adjust the cable so when you engage the handle grip for the clutch you have a small amount of slack in the cable, about 1/8". This should be close enough for testing. Adjust as necessary.

Hope this brings further clarity.