what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

so a little back story the other day i took my clutch cover off the seal was leaking so there was oily gas in the case i drained it and felt lazy so i put the cover back on to work on it later but heres the thing my gasket broke so i just put the cover on anyway i thought it will be just fine but the clutch rubbed the case causing a very fine aluminum dust to get everywhere and the clutch was slippin very badly

so today i took eveything apart under the clutch case replaced the seal for crank took clutch pucks out sanded both sides and cleaned everything off when i went to start i was supprised at how quikly it turned over started right away

i also put better studs on the rear mount and tightened air intake manifold down it vibrated loose somhow

every thiong is running good now

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

so a little back story the other day i took my clutch cover off the seal was leaking so there was oily gas in the case i drained it and felt lazy so i put the cover back on to work on it later but heres the thing my gasket broke so i just put the cover on anyway i thought it will be just fine but the clutch rubbed the case causing a very fine aluminum dust to get everywhere and the clutch was slippin very badly

so today i took eveything apart under the clutch case replaced the seal for crank took clutch pucks out sanded both sides and cleaned everything off when i went to start i was supprised at how quikly it turned over started right away

i also put better studs on the rear mount and tightened air intake manifold down it vibrated loose somhow

every thiong is running good now
i found out that the 60second epoxy they sell at auto stores works great at sealing the carb too.

put some of it on today just out of curiosity. set quick and even after a good hour or so of riding it just got to a slightly squishy, but still gripped great.

also i think my float needs adjustment, seemed to be overflowing a little today as well

Hammond Egger

Oct 23, 2010
Tucson, AZ

Built a taillight array for the back of my pannier rack to go underneath the M-wave topcase I put on it. That turned out real well. Prolubed the chains on both my bikes. I'm going to dedicate tomorrow trying to get my 2010 66cc GT5 to run half as good as my 2010 48cc GT2 does. It thinks it's a 4 stroke.

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN

Ordered heavier clutch springs for my Grubee Stage-III centrifugal clutch. I'd like to get the stall speed up to around 2500rpm if I can.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

Ordered heavier clutch springs for my Grubee Stage-III centrifugal clutch. I'd like to get the stall speed up to around 2500rpm if I can.
interesting... you don't need to pedal it at all when you go to start moving right? (just pull start to start the engine)

caduceus

Feb 4, 2009
Frostbite Falls, MN

interesting... you don't need to pedal it at all when you go to start moving right? (just pull start to start the engine)
I usually push off, add a little throttle, swing a leg over and pedal a few times to get going. But with more engine rpms before the clutch engages I think the Honda GXH50 will be right on the pipe. I'll have to see.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

got bored and took the forks and tire off my occ stingray and put them on the mountain bike.

looks very odd and needs some type of spacer for it to fit right, but i like it!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

got bored and took the forks and tire off my occ stingray and put them on the mountain bike.

looks very odd and needs some type of spacer for it to fit right, but i like it!
Cool, please post a pic if you can. Sounds great

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Well now I know what one of mine will look like. I have slowly taken all the parts of a O.C.C.:)

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

Wow, that does look cool Skarrd.
thanks! thinking i'm gonna get some ape hangers for it

Well now I know what one of mine will look like. I have slowly taken all the parts of a O.C.C.:)
lol, i had already taken the axle out of the rear wheel to replace the one i had bent... but i quickly found out that that axle was weaker than the mountain bike one. (yup, bent it again)

i need to get a chromoly axle or something... getting tired of bending them.

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

found out that to make the OCC fork fit a bike made for a shorter forkstem.

take a screwdriver and hammer. then hammer down the flowernut thing so that it sits farther down.

use a sharpie to mark how much you need to take off the stem, then use a cutting tool (dremel, angle grinder, band saw, light saber, force, ect...) and cut it just a little under the mark. (pole sits a little under the top piece so that the black cap sits flush.

got it mounted perfectly, then took it for a ride. i love it!!!

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Right on Skarrd...

I just passed three cruisers guarding an armored car, and the guard was hauling a bag of cash.. I just gave a 'peace' sign as they stared me down...If I only had a gun instead of a bag of chips, lol...

of course my engine was killed and I was pedaling, I didn't want to get shot, I may be crazy, but I ain't stupid,...heh heh

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

".... and on Chanel 3 news, An on Ontario armored car was held up by a man on a motorized bicycle. He escaped and neighbors complained about his muffler. The guards were unharmed and left with snacks. Film at 11"

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

".... and on Chanel 3 news, An on Ontario armored car was held up by a man on a motorized bicycle. He escaped and neighbors complained about his muffler. The guards were unharmed and left with snacks. Film at 11"
ROFL!! Haha, that rocks... dang neighbors :p

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ

went cruising with it. gotta say, she turns heads, people ask me all sorts of questions about it. also made someone jump in there car cause they passed me, then stopped at the light and i showed right next to him.