engine help?

GoldenMotor.com

stars

Mar 10, 2014
philadelphia
lol i have no clue i this my first time taking that apart. i will replace that tho. does anything look wrong base on the pictures & the video

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
The cylinder looks good but I highly recommend lapping the head gasket surface of the cylinder, replacing the head gasket and lapping the gasket surface of the new cylinder head before you replace it.

To make parts sourcing easier, when you order a new head, get a new cylinder base gasket and head gasket along with it.

Sidewinder Jerry

Dec 19, 2011
Rockwood, TN
Stars it may have come from the factory that way. However if you don't have a speedometer and tachometer these bikes are really easy to over rev. Especially coming down steep hills or going down long grades. Its very easy to get caught up in the excitement of going fast. A tach is the only way to know a 100% what your engine's rpm is.

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
10 or 15 bucks for a cylinder head is much better than tearing the engine down for seal or case gasket replacement. Whew!!! I never saw that coming. Good luck to ya! Oh by the way thank your lucky "stars"..bf.

stars

Mar 10, 2014
philadelphia
hey i just found out my cylinder head was the problem! it was cracked & once i replaced it. i can lock & freewheel my bike now. thanks guys