Clever Bike Names

GoldenMotor.com

motorstumpy

Oct 17, 2013
Hollywood
Called my old one the death machine. Brakes weren't very good and the tank leaked all over the cylinder head and cdi... So it seemed to fit.

The new one will be a purefix romeo (a very popular fixed gear bike company whuch srarted in LA) and a China girl so I'm thinking hill St special as it is one of the major streets in down town La and runs through China town.

Still undecided but seems like a good starting place at least.

Ill take suggestions on puns using both LA and Chinese stereotypes!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
Try as you might, you can't name the bike. You have to step back, and let the bike tell you it's name.

Just open your mind, and it will come to you.

apex

Aug 27, 2013
indy
Happy Time Harry.

That's the name of my favorite character in my favorite show, Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

He is the doll in the middle.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'm watching this movie and a guy says,

"do you give all your **** stupid names?"

answer,

"only the stuff I love."

Last edited by a moderator:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I seldom keep a personal ride long enough to name one and don't even have one at the moment since there is always something here being built that needs test riding anyway, but there were two that needed naming.

The first is the Giant Suede bike I chose for my first jackshaft build and the absolute worst bike to pick for the job, everything was a nightmare, and then I prolonged the torture by fabing in an expansion chamber exhaust extension.

This is the bike that after torturing me weeks tried to cut my leg off when I went to pick up my exhaust in the muffler shops parking lot!

When the exhaust was on it was appropriately named BAD MOJO and labeled as such, and though changed again and sold the term remains for me for all really difficult builds.

The other is far from creative but not only a fitting a name for this bike, my new customers seem to love using BIG RED as the example of the build type they want.

I haven't named one since but I do need a clever name for one of the few remaining build types I haven't done yet that got started yesterday but all about that in it's own topic until it's done and named for this topic.

Last edited:

Xman

Jan 10, 2014
San Antonio, TX
I own a Triumph Daytona T595 motorcycle so I was trying to think of a clever way to tweak it. Since I am building with a 31cc motor mine will be T31 Tona