Greetings from Phoenix, AZ

GoldenMotor.com

akohtz

Aug 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Hello everybody,

I've been lurking here for the last couple of months. It took a while before I even joined or decided to post.

I just got my build up and running this past weekend and I'm currently breaking her in.

None of it would have been possible without the amazing information on this forum. Thank you very much to everyone here.

- Andrew

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Welcome to the forum. Post some pics and details of your bike, we like pictures. There are quite a few guys on the forum in your area for riding with.

akohtz

Aug 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Here are some pictures of my bike.

She's a Huffy Cranbrook with a 48cc motor from bikeberry, heavy duty wheels front and back, manic mechanic 40tooth sprocket adapter around a shimano cb-110 hub in the back, a sturmey archer X-FD drum brake hub in the front, and an upgraded chain tensioner bar with a sprocket idler instead of the crappy kit tensioner.

I've put about 50 miles on it. So far the motor is running well. The clutch still has some weirdness. There's a slight 'wobble' to the big clutch gear under the clutch cover. It bugs me, but she seems to do okay with it like that. Still some noise from the clutch too. I'm assuming it's mostly just normal gear whining, but I figure the clutch and I will come to some common ground or understanding at some point.

- Andrew

Attachments

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
welcome to the forums and if you don't mind me asking how long did it take to get your order from bike berry . I just sent a order in 2 weeks ago and still haven't gotten mine yet. ohh and that's a very nice build you have man thanks for posting pics and all. .xx.

Last edited:

akohtz

Aug 12, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks Bill.

My order with bikeberry.com took 10 days from order to arrival. It did take them a week before they sent me shipping information. After that the shipping got to me pretty quickly. Have you called or emailed their support? I did because I thought something was missing from my kit (nothing was ... it was just my misunderstanding) and they were quick to respond to emails and answered right away when I called.

- Andrew

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
I didn't make a profile on there site so I guess ill make me a call tomarrow I haven't even gotten a comfermation that its been sent eather. and thanks for letting me know on that I was starting to think it was one of those 4 to 6 week type sites