bike shop since 1980

GoldenMotor.com

that70sguy

May 22, 2013
waukegan
i grew up in family shop midwest bike and billiard im 44 ..my name is dion , im just north of chicago , waukegan il.60085
my buddy hector aka maddawg introduced me to ratrod bikes as a whole and
ratrodbikes.com ..from there i ended up here ..i want to lnow all about gas bikes and build cool harly or triumph type ...
i have a crap load of bikes older & newer ...i ended up with 2 abandoned gas kits projects one someone started and didnt finish and other never ran right skyhawk 66 no power and super hot had to feather the choke to get rpms to go fast
i want to know what motor is better the slant skyhawk or black straight sparkplug 9RCGS0661RG..
skyhawk has round port for exhaust off jug the black older motor (never had fuel in it 9RCGS0661RG) has big rectangle ...
i was going to use all stuff from skyhawk carb chain coil etc and the black one as a short block .....
anyway , im here to learn
dion

oldtimer54

May 15, 2010
On a bike
i grew up in family shop midwest bike and billiard im 44 ..my name is dion , im just north of chicago , waukegan il.60085
my buddy hector aka maddawg introduced me to ratrod bikes as a whole and
ratrodbikes.com ..from there i ended up here ..i want to lnow all about gas bikes and build cool harly or triumph type ...
i have a crap load of bikes older & newer ...i ended up with 2 abandoned gas kits projects one someone started and didnt finish and other never ran right skyhawk 66 no power and super hot had to feather the choke to get rpms to go fast
i want to know what motor is better the slant skyhawk or black straight sparkplug 9RCGS0661RG..
skyhawk has round port for exhaust off jug the black older motor (never had fuel in it 9RCGS0661RG) has big rectangle ...
i was going to use all stuff from skyhawk carb chain coil etc and the black one as a short block .....
anyway , im here to learn
dion
The short answer is nether is better. ALL these china 2 strokes are more or less the same just different names. Nice to have you here hope you enjoy the ride.

that70sguy

May 22, 2013
waukegan
Ok, I understand . I get the same thing here at our shop , people buy the best bike wallmart has and brings it to our shop thinking they have a high end bicycle . Unfortunatly they have bought a name ..mongoose schwinn, dyno, dk, and now I heard you can get cannondale at wallmart.
I bought a puch maxi , haven't picked it up yet can I tear it apart and make it into my dream bike ...a cool early harly type . I seen some on ratrod bikes I had to look twice ...looked awesome .
Thanks for any guidance
That70sguy
Dion

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Welcome to the forum...theres tons of info here...but yhe best tool here is the search bar...it can and will be ur best friend in a pinch...good luck to you and hope ur dreams of a "hardly davidson" come true...it all boils down to how much YOU put into it...take ur time, do it right and save a lot of hassle and or walks of shame

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
better or not, the only Chinese 2-stroke motorized bicycle motor kits allowed in the US since 2010 is the 48 and 66cc SKyhawks, everything else you buy in the US was already on shore before the new EPA regulations went into effect back in 2010.

Improvements are made and I like the 2012 Skyhawk kits, they go together nice and start up on the first try, being in the motorized bicycle business I don't have time to dick with iffy kits and I grab them for cheaper than most any others with their sales, heck I just got 3 SKyhawks for $149 each delivered with the last sale.