Motorized Bike/Parts and such.

GoldenMotor.com

JRalstin

Jul 26, 2012
Rochester, NY
hello, everyone! im new here and im not sure where to start. first of all, i dont know where to find the list of all parts to install the motor on the bike. i dont want the kit, just by getting a engine, clutch, drive chain and etc (must be 4 stroke). i tired many different sites, none of them will tell you what parts to get. hope one of you guys know where to look up. many thanks. .wee.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome.
Not quite sure what you're asking. You want all the parts to install an engine but not a kit? I think you'll find that purchasing the parts seperate will cost you more than the kit.

You might want to spend some time reading here before youi make a decision. Check out the 4 stroke section for information pertaining to your choice of engines. http://motorbicycling.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37

Good luck.

Tom

JRalstin

Jul 26, 2012
Rochester, NY
Thanks, yes im aware of purchasing the kit is much cheaper than buying the parts by parts. what i meant was, i got the engine, 5.5hp horizontal shaft (not sure what the brand was). i was wondering if there is a kit without the engine, is it quite possible. i did look up under the converation kit, none of them has complete kit without the engine itself. and by the way, thanks for the site.

Joshua.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Tom, he wants to build a diy, but wants a list of parts. jralstin, a parts list will be difficult to provide without knowing exactly what engine you have. also, some parts may need to be fabricated. all parts are not always available for diy builds, because some parts that are available arent designed for the particular bicycle or engine you will be using. depending on how the motor is designed to mount, you may need a custom motor mount whiich you would need to make yourself or have made at a local shop. as far as a clutch, you need to know the diameter of the shaft that the clutch will go on. check go kart websites for the size clutch you need. you also have the option of installing a cvt (continuously variable transmission). other parts you will need will be a rear drive sprocket, a throttle grip and cable, an exhaust, a gas tank, a carburetor, fuel line. check the diy section for ideas and better explanations of what some of the parts are, such as the cvt.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Thanks, yes im aware of purchasing the kit is much cheaper than buying the parts by parts. what i meant was, i got the engine, 5.5hp horizontal shaft (not sure what the brand was). i was wondering if there is a kit without the engine, is it quite possible. i did look up under the converation kit, none of them has complete kit without the engine itself. and by the way, thanks for the site.

Joshua.
If the output shaft is 5/8" then you could just buy a friction drive kit without the engine or a q-matic from azbill but check with him first to see if it will work. Most drive assemblies that use the engine type you have use a clutch assembly on a 5/8' drive shaft. www.staton-inc.com has em so does www.thatsdax.com the 4 stroke area mentioned before has lots of builds for you to look at to decide. Please feel free to ask questions along the way and welcome to the MB hobby!

cvlt1 <<<<this is a friction drive

I just remembered you do know these are illegal in NY state? Off road I think is ok tho.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com

Joshua.
There is no kit for what you want to build but AffordableGoKarts.com is
where the custom 4 stroke bike builders get most of the needed parts.

Does your motor have a 3/4" diameter shaft and how long?
What kind of bicycle are you planning on using?