Motorized Bicycle on Leno's Garage- Phantom Bikes

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Re: Phantom Bikes on Jay Leno's garage

Very nice builds indeed. The details are very appreciable.
I do think that he should have his facts straight before going in front of the camera though. He has mislead everyone watching the interview in regards towards California law concerning MB's. Not good PR there......

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Re: MB on Leno's Garage- Phantom Bikes

I Googled them and went in through one of the links. Still unable to get through on our link.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Cool! Grats to Phantombikes on the segment, and thanks for getting Jay into MaB'n :D

(sites working fine through the sponsor link here, just takes a little time to load from the white screen, their server is probably swamped now :p)

FarRider

Jun 8, 2011
Brooklyn N.Y.
Re: Phantom Bikes on Jay Leno's garage

Its who ya know, not what ya know.
While Phantom does make a nice bike, lets get back to realistic prices for things...$6,000? please, for that i can buy a nice used Sportster.
Lennos a nice guy, sure, but hes got more money than sense.
What does he care about what something costs, compared to a working guy with a family on a tight budget that just broke a part and has to wait to save up to buy a replacement.
I think this is going over board on pricing.
Lets not encourage this "over the top" form of building.
FR

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego

I spoke with Jon and Sterling about the bikes. Leno's bike had custom dual tanks that costed them over $700 in labor alone plus everything was hand pinstriped. None of the bike save for the frame and engine are off the shelf parts. Everything is handmade hand done in there shop like how real motorcycles started. Plus his market is making a ton more money then us DIY'ers. B!tch and moan all you want. You just mad like me hahahhaa that I can't build or buy a work of art like there lol. Start saving $$$ or start building or stop bickering cause they just sold 3 bikes to Austrailia and they show no signs of stoping.

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca

I am happy for them, the bikes are nice. If they are able to get what they charge more power to em.

I need to find out that market strategy...lol