I completed my first motobike frame!

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Very Kewl(^) Awesome looking forward to what you do with it! Man I love seeing these builds go together I never get tired of reading and checking pictures!!

Joaquin Suave

Dec 9, 2008
Alta & Baja California
Not Long Now

Needless to say...I sure excited about my build

WOW! I had no clue quoting a Saturday Night live skit from 15 years ago would get peoples "knickers in such a twist"!

Last edited:

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Re: Not Long Now

That is a nice bike. Very nice.

The reason SNL comes on late at night? So kids aren't exposed to inappropriate stuff. Just remember there ARE children here, post accordingly and there shouldn't be any problems.

Last edited:

Joaquin Suave

Dec 9, 2008
Alta & Baja California
Not such a good day!!!

Well, my hydraulic clutch is a TOTAL flop!!!!

Not sure why. The math is correct. The piston moves the same amount as the math said it would...but no clutch activation!!!! RATS (is OK to say rats?)!!!

I guess i'll be going back to a mechanical clutch

I guess that the trouble with designing & building from scratch.:-||

Joaquin Suave

Dec 9, 2008
Alta & Baja California
I threw in the towel yesterday, then went out and cut weeks in my yard.

And it was the right thing to do...I got a fresh start this morning and almost instantly saw my problem! I dealt with it and now I am happy to say that my hydraulic clutch "seems" to be working perfectly. Of course the real test will be on the first test ride.

Hey Moonshiner, are you running your bike on "your own" fuel??? I hear that is the "legal" way to brew and not be hassled by the G-men.

Erich_870

Dec 4, 2009
Alaska
Not such a good day!!!

Well, my hydraulic clutch is a TOTAL flop!!!!

Not sure why. The math is correct. The piston moves the same amount as the math said it would...but no clutch activation!!!! RATS (is OK to say rats?)!!!

I guess i'll be going back to a mechanical clutch

I guess that the trouble with designing & building from scratch.:-||
I threw in the towel yesterday, then went out and cut weeks in my yard.

And it was the right thing to do...I got a fresh start this morning and almost instantly saw my problem! I dealt with it and now I am happy to say that my hydraulic clutch "seems" to be working perfectly. Of course the real test will be on the first test ride.

Hey Moonshiner, are you running your bike on "your own" fuel??? I hear that is the "legal" way to brew and not be hassled by the G-men.
Woah! We need more info on your hydraulic clutch!!!!

Erich

Joaquin Suave

Dec 9, 2008
Alta & Baja California
Woah! We need more info on your hydraulic clutch!!!!
Sadly, it is not applicable to anyones current products and was designed to work only with the bike I'm building. I'll share more details after I've road tested the bike.

If all goes well...I'll be riding the bike at Willow Springs.

Erich_870

Dec 4, 2009
Alaska
Sadly, it is not applicable to anyones current products and was designed to work only with the bike I'm building. I'll share more details after I've road tested the bike.

If all goes well...I'll be riding the bike at Willow Springs.
Naturally I assumed it was a custom design so I'm looking forward to hearing more once you've given it a test run!

Erich