Looking for a product, 26" cruiser rear wheel with sprocket (no rag joint)

GoldenMotor.com

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
Looking for a product, 26" cruiser rear wheel with mb drive sprocket (no rag joint)

Anyone know where I can buy a 26 rear wheel for a cruiser bike (single speed pedal sprocket and coaster brake) with a motorized bike drive sprocket connected to the wheel?

I have a wheel with the bolt on drive sprocket attached to the spokes with a rag joint and would like to get a wheel with a sprocket that is perfectly centered and solidly connected to the wheel. It could be connected to a disk brake disk, or ????.

it would be great if the sprocket had a freewheel so the bike could coast without turning the motor, but I expect that might be too much to ask for.

Last edited:

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I have a 700 C wheel with a flip/flop hub- fixed gear on one side freewheel on the other-

I think it's one of the best solutions available- the hub is high flange- the motor sprocket has six inner holes- like the disk brake configuration- many newer sprokets have both drillings- for the rag and for the disk brake.

the diameter of the motor sprocket fits the flange on the hub exactly, but is not threaded or locked
- then all that was needed was to drill the high flange hub- and the alloy drills easily-

just six smaller length 10mm bolts and nuts- the lightest setup out there!

of course you have to have handbrakes and you'd have to build it 26". A longer BMX handbrake works sometimes and is not expensive- give me good handbrakes anyday!

but have a dual lever!

Last edited: