please help

GoldenMotor.com

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
hi guys recently built a bike it runs great but all of a sudden the idle started acting like u had it at half throttle when u first crank it up after you ride a few hundred feet it goes back to normal i cant figure this one out i have idle set good im thinking i might have an air leak around carb somewhere was thinking of running engine and spraying carb cleaner around the carbs area to see if i notice any changes im thinking it could possibly be the cheesy intake manifold tube where the carb slides on as i noticed it can be slid back and forth and while engine runs sliding it back like your going to take it of increases idle but sliding it forward makes idle normal but even when i slide forward and engine cools it does the same thing when started the high idle im thinking of making a gasket for it out of some permatex high temp gasket maker

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
hi guys recently built a bike it runs great but all of a sudden the idle started acting like u had it at half throttle when u first crank it up after you ride a few hundred feet it goes back to normal i cant figure this one out i have idle set good im thinking i might have an air leak around carb somewhere was thinking of running engine and spraying carb cleaner around the carbs area to see if i notice any changes im thinking it could possibly be the cheesy intake manifold tube where the carb slides on as i noticed it can be slid back and forth and while engine runs sliding it back like your going to take it of increases idle but sliding it forward makes idle normal but even when i slide forward and engine cools it does the same thing when started the high idle im thinking of making a gasket for it out of some permatex high temp gasket maker
Nice work you've answered all you questions yourself! seriously your 100% right

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
Nice work you've answered all you questions yourself! seriously your 100% right
lol well thats a good thing reason i posted is because wanted to make sure i wasnt missing any possibilities everysince i joined i relize theres alot more to post about than i thought ive seen some people on here 2000+ post was like wow

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Well you have obviously done some searching on the forum or have an understanding of what your dealing with, some dont and the same questions come up over and over hence the post counts + some of these old folks been here forever (Joe 8000+)laff

kutsuda

Mar 23, 2010
georgia
Well you have obviously done some searching on the forum or have an understanding of what your dealing with, some dont and the same questions come up over and over hence the post counts + some of these old folks been here forever (Joe 8000+)laff
ive looked at a good bit of stuff most of the things ive seen were something that was already in mind since i like to work on things i just had to search and make sure my thoughts were grand lol

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
ive looked at a good bit of stuff most of the things ive seen were something that was already in mind since i like to work on things i just had to search and make sure my thoughts were grand lol
Yeh its good like that there's always someone else thats done it and dealt with it whateva, lts like a big thoughts does n donts dictionary.