hey guys, im new here,micargi falcon gts, 2 stroke 66cc, lookin for tips!

GoldenMotor.com

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
Im new just built my first build micargi falcon gts 2 stroke 66cc flying horse... Any tips for break in let me know... Only 1 tank in just fill the second tank today...

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
The micargi menace!

Im new just built my first build micargi falcon gts 2 stroke 66cc flying horse... Any tips for break in let me know... Only 1 tank in just fill the second tank today...
Welcome to the community, my standard greeting would normally include something about making your ride electric , but there are more pressing matters at hand here.
The bike I started with is a micargi cruiser, but I'm upgrading to a works man frame that I've got some zany plans for. Besides ascetics the reason I'm moving away from the micargi line is because I have heard that their frames are known to crack under stress. That being said the micargi frame I've got has 600+ miles at about 100 miles a month with no visible issues, just figured I'd jump ship before something went horribly a wry while I was trying to get somewhere.

if you can manage it post pictures of your build when you get the chance. People round these parts really like eye candy.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
i have broken most frames ive owned and never crashed cause of it. dont worry so much. broken frames will rarely if ever result in a bad accident. even if a tube snapped in half the remaining structure will be rideable.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
i have broken most frames ive owned and never crashed cause of it. dont worry so much. broken frames will rarely if ever result in a bad accident. even if a tube snapped in half the remaining structure will be rideable.
I'm going to strongly disagree with this. A broken frame, especially a down tube or a chain stay, top tube or anywhere around the drop outs could, and most likely will result in a serious accident. Advocating continued riding with a broken or compromised frame is simply asking for trouble and most certainly ill advised.

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Im new just built my first build micargi falcon gts 2 stroke 66cc flying horse...
Any tips for break in let me know...
Only 1 tank in just fill the second tank today...
I like to run a gallon of fuel with 25:1 mix (2/3 cup) non-synthetic 2-stroke oil to a gallon of good gas, then change to 32:1 (1/2 cup) synthetic oil to a gallon of gas from then on out.

Check your drive train after every ride.

Things like motor mounts, your rear sprocket, axle, and tensioner can tend to come loose.

A good start is to grab your engine head with one hand and your top bar with the other and try to move your engine back and forth.

I am not talking wussy push and pulls, try to make it move!
Your engine is a ****load stronger than you, if just your arms can move the engine AT ALL that is a fail.

Note your chain tensioner is not a chain guide.

Tweak the mount until it is aligned directly under the bottom chain and centered and rolling in line with the chain.

A good test for this is lock the clutch in and then roll your bike forward AND backwards, it's that rolling backwards that lets you see how the chain travels from the tensioner to the engine.

If you are hearing all kinds of clunking and clanking noises rolling backwards you are not alone, this is usually because the chainstay you mount the tensioner to is not perpendicular to the chain travel.

I just use a big cresent wrench to twist the long side of the mount below the wheel into the chain line.

Keep you chain lubed and ride safe bud ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
One more tip...

Torque your head to 20# when it's warm.
You do have a torque wrench right?
If not borrow one, this is important.

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
KC 20 ft lb = 240 inch lb. That sounds like a lot for a 8mm stud. Fred heads recommends
80 inch lb. I,m settled at 120 in lb. You have built many more than most people, so
if that works, I,m just asking. I have never been able to get a straight answer.

Now US standers for 5/16 fine thread are 14 ft LB for grade 5 bolt & 20 for grade 8 fine thread bolt.
Which is about right in what your saying.But my question are these china studs really grade 8? If you
know where I,m coming from. Just asking? If your never pop a stud at 20 ft lb I will tighten mine down
to 20 KV. I have just read this & that & if I was dealing with USA made stuff I would have never ask.

Fly

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC 20 ft lb = 240 inch lb. That sounds like a lot for a 8mm stud. Fred heads recommends
I have just read this & that & if I was dealing with USA made stuff I would have never ask.

Fly
I paint and spin the head on most builds so I do this alot.
For 48cc bikes I don't go over 15#, but on 66cc they get 20#.

We just use a cross pattern 5# at a time and don't have compression or gasket problems.

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
KC, you are awesome bro..Im a crazy zonie too bruh, i miss it... Im stuck out in thi****ty weather, a few questions... is it okay to put two fuel filters on it, also I took off the stock air filter on the NT carburetor and I put on a air filter that I found from autozone its a breather filter for like a Chevy but I went ahead and put it on there mounted it nice and then I taped up the gaps with duct tape to make sure no there's no air leak is that okay?I mean it works great, I mean I have no issues now I was having a little bit of a rich issue but now it seems to be running really nice it idles nice I got everything set up great... thank you so much for your tips bro they were awesome... By the way i dont have a torque wrench, should i ride It to autozone and borrow one and do it right there while its warm... Also KC... The weather here in dayton, oh is funny it snow now rain next week... How should i store it against the elements... I live in a apartment... So i cant just bring it in.. Is it resilient...'.trk

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC, you are awesome bro..
Im a crazy zonie too bruh, i miss it...
Hola fellow desert dweller, and I'll bet your missing it right now, Phoenix is the sweet spot in the whole US right now.

a few questions... is it okay to put two fuel filters on it?

I took off the stock air filter on the NT carburetor and I put on a air filter that I found from autozone its a breather filter for like a Chevy but I went ahead and put it on there mounted it nice and then I taped up the gaps with duct tape to make sure no there's no air leak is that okay?
So long as gravity pulls enough fuel to the carb so it don't run short of fuel flow at sustained WOT you can put in all the filters you want.
The same for air.

The more filtering you can get the better until you reach the point of not enough flow.
Also note filters get dirty, it's there job, they catch all the stuff you don't want in your engine, you need to clean them regularly.

By the way i dont have a torque wrench, should i ride It to autozone and borrow one and do it right there while its warm...
Great idea!
I didn't own a torque wrench either until after like my 5th build, I relied on 'feel' and though I do have pretty good feel it's just not dead on right.

Also KC... The weather here in dayton, oh is funny it snow now rain next week... How should i store it against the elements... I live in a apartment... So i cant just bring it in.. Is it resilient...'
Look up 'locking motorcycle covers', I haven't but that makes sense and I have seen them in use as shade here hehehe ;-}

I simply can't speak to cold weather affects on MB's, never had to, but it'll be a ***** to start and you want to keep the heat in the engine so go with a lower number heat index on the NGK plugs, like a 6 or maybe a 5, that will warm you engine up quicker and give you a little leg warmer if you tuck your legs in ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I put a video of it on you tube check it out... Motorized Micargi Falcon Gts: http://youtu.be/3gr4ujGoR50
Hey TOM, how about you take this one and everyone like it.
I really REALLY want to see how you can politely inform vitrouso of the major flaws in his build without having to remove your own post to drive home the point that it won't hold up.

Or don't.
I am watching, lets see how you tell the guy as it makes no sense for me to when just delete the post.

virtuoso

Dec 21, 2014
dayton,oh
Lol... Thx KC! Jealous... Thats all ... Its cool it has been a great bike and it will hold up... What a jerk... He deleted his post.. Haha!