Heavy duty bike frame?

GoldenMotor.com

Ron j

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
Had a micargi beach cruiser frame till yesterday when it snapped in half. Luckily didn't put it down. Like the look but need something solid. Looking for suggestions. Go frame only or get another kit? Looking online at frames but not sure of there sturdiness and clearance for engine. Gonna start checking garage sales too. Need to know what to look for and want to stick with coaster brakes. Just trying to save leg work on a rebuild.
Thanks for any 411
Ron J

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
worksman has a lugged frame which is the strongest way to assemble a frame if you want a strong bike lugged frame is the way to go plus they have some of the best rims and can have the drum brake hub stock also they are made in the ozone park new york

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
What engine will go in the bike? The Worksman frame in stock form doesn't have a lot of room for an engine. Even a China girl is a tight squeeze unless you modify the frame. That's what I had to do to fit a 98cc Sachs engine in mine.

I also have a 50 Schwinn straightbar frame (Panther)which has a lot more room without modifying the frame.

So it makes a difference iwhat engine you intend to use and whether or not you are willing to alter the frame.
SB

Ron j

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
Probably be able to weld at the crank but the front tube snapped just below the motor mount. I think the fine quality Chinese steel would just melt. I see someone has a sportsman frame will this engine fit without any mod? I must admit I was quite rough on the equipment . But never thought I'd snap the frame . She only had 5-600 miles on her with 90% on paved potholed roads and a little mild off-roading. I'm positive welding is not an option. Looking for a solid but cheap chassis .

Ron j

Apr 24, 2012
Chicago
Sorry to change subjects but does anyone know the real output of the magneto aux. wire is it AC or DC want to slap a led in my headlight and want to know what voltage and if I need a rectifier.
Thanks for all the help guys
It's just a costly HAHA in the world of "MILES OF SMILES" !!!!!
Ron J
Road America's Rockin Ronny

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I would look for a American made Schwinn frame or Worksman frame, the worksman is tight for space but they can fit a china girl but not much more. Check over at RatRodBikes.com always some good american made frames over there on the forum for sale.