Cargo Trailer

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Thanks guys! The flag tube is actually according to the book supposed be on the cargo side of the frame. It was bent fwd hitting the bag. A few hits with a rawhide mallet set it back to vertical and the flag fits fine now. The tire was not seated properly, due to a bent bead, I removed it to straighten it a bit and discovered the tube is of the HD/thorn proof type. Cool! Anyway will try to get some miles on it to see if it hangs together ok. If it does(dont have a reason to think it wont) then I think its a good buy for the money and Im satisfied.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
CB2,

just get another trailer and 2 midgets and have a gladiator day! Or dress your goats or dog like a gladiator! Looks good and hope it works out for you. Like that it has a suspension.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
If I am understanding what you are asking, I think the answer is yes. It comes with a skewer that has the hitches on it. It has the same spacing as the hitches for the bolt on wheel which I am using. Clears my derailleur with no problem.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Right, from your pics with a thru axle the thread on hitches looks like they clear the derailleur okay. I'm wondering if used with a quick release axle and the skewer that comes with the unit you think it'll clear the same. I ask because I see these for sale http://www.ebay.com/itm/AXLE-Cargo-...339?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item231a5512c3 but thinking $20 extra kind of stinks when I just snagged a trailer for $60.

Thanks

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
The skewer hitch with the trailer will clear a derail, it has the same spacing, plus it has a good bit of threads on the skewer rod to allow for variations in width. Dont know why you would need anything else.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Have made several runs with the trailer with various loads in the 30lb range. See no problems what so ever. It tracks perfectly and is queit when unloaded, no rattles at the hitch(yet). Im well pleased for the money. If it hangs together long term will be a real deal.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
lol

BB with the gladiator chariots!

lol

Years back I watched them play polo at the Santa Barbara Earl Warren Showgrounds... it was neato!
A motorized bicycle sure is a LOT cheaper than keeping a horse!!!
...been there, done that!

CB2... it's good to find a product that seems like it's serviceable and actually might last a while, isn't it?
Kind of a nice feeling.
...there's just SO much throw-away stuff these days...

Best
rc

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well, CB2, all attention seems to be focused on the very nice new build.
(Did you get that shifter knob brightly polished yet? :) )

I was curious if you had made any more mods to the cargo trailer, to serve your needs?

Kinda like this... :)
rc

Attachments

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
No RC I havent come across a sailplane to haul yet, though a friend has one wasting in a trailer in his yard. The little cargo trailer has been working perfectly on many errand runs. I did replace the camloc holding the fender on with a bolt. Other than that it has been hands off. I really need to make a trailer to haul my R/C planes to the field with, maybe I could scale down the one in the pic.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well that's what i was thinking... make a mini for the RC fliers and pull it with the motor bike...

Is it a SmartCar, GH?
I've only seen a couple go by.... they seem pretty zippy.
I suppose I'm curious how the handle, and well, fit, but don't think I'll get a test drive very soon... lol

I've had flocks of small cars, and the big ones, too.
No more big ones! Can't feed 'em!

Best
rc