Starting over! What bike with a 4 stroke?

GoldenMotor.com

showcaller

Mar 9, 2011
Los Angeles
Okay, I went Chineese cheap on my first bike with a 49 cc engine. The engine runs great, but I don't like the bike. After almost 500 miles, new tires, new wheels, and added brakes it feels like it is going to disintigrate at any moment with me on it at 30 MPH. I want to keep the engine, probably put it on a smaller bike for the **** of it but I want my next main set of wheels to be a four stroke with the Belt drive. I don't care if we are talking Beach Cruiser or Mountain, I am looking for suggestions, something I can pick up for $200.00 or so. Any ideas?

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
I got a brand new design logic frame for sale on e bay, a staton 4 stroke bolts directly to it, but its not 200$ its a little more $ but made in the USA

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Okay, I went Chineese cheap on my first bike with a 49 cc engine. The engine runs great, but I don't like the bike. After almost 500 miles, new tires, new wheels, and added brakes it feels like it is going to disintigrate at any moment with me on it at 30 MPH. I want to keep the engine, probably put it on a smaller bike for the **** of it but I want my next main set of wheels to be a four stroke with the Belt drive. I don't care if we are talking Beach Cruiser or Mountain, I am looking for suggestions, something I can pick up for $200.00 or so. Any ideas?
Beach cruiser is the way to go.
A Schwinn Jaguar also called a Landmark from Target or Walmart makes
a good base for a Huasheng or Honda 50. Need to upgrade the wheels though.

But much better to buy a used Felt cruiser to build a 4 stroke.

What 4 stroke motor are you going to use?

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
That motor just needs a little TLC, more than likely you got one that has an improperly balanced crankshaft, which is why it feels like you're gonna disintegrate at 30. You probably Are.

The best thing I ever did was balance and stuff my crank. And it's not even 'properly' balanced, it still vibrates some, but not like it used to. I remember my hands going numb on longer rides from the vibes.

See if there's a dirt bike performance shot or other motorcycle shop in your area that can balance it for you, best if you disassemble the motor and give them just the crank.

It'll be a lot cheaper than the 4 stroke. =P

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I like my cheap chinese aluminum beach cruisers for my 4-strokes as well as Schwinns. I'm really happy with my new Felt slant I'm building.....it was $300 brand new out the door.

The slant looked like this:

happy hunting !

dnut