Hello from Central Florida

GoldenMotor.com

Blues88s

Mar 30, 2011
Lake Mary, Florida
I'm Doc Williamson in Lake Mary, Florida. I'm a full time Blues piano player & singer & stay booked in the Orlando area. I'm here for the same reason everyone else is, I've been bitten by the Motorbike bug.

I've been lurking for about a week & have learned so much about what to do & maybe more importantly, what not to do. I'm waiting on a final price quote for my first project & hope to have all the parts within two weeks to start building. I'm buying a Long Beach Cruiser & will mount a PK80 with chrome kit on it plus upgrades to the large, chrome air filter, spark plug, spark plug wire, fuel valve, head stud kit & engine hardware kit. Does anyone see anything I should add or subtract?

I'm looking for a fuel filter that I've seen once & even the store that stocks it but can't find it now, when I want to place my order. It is a glass & brass cylinder fuel filter with a very vintage look. I couldn't find it on a search & wasn't sure that I should ask in my intro, but I'm not sure it deserves a new thread either. Does anyone know what fuel filter I'm looking for?

I look forward to learning a lot from my new friends here. .shft.

Blues88s

Mar 30, 2011
Lake Mary, Florida
Thanks Terry, I read about your group Florida run & hope to be able to do it with you.

The first photo is of the Long Beach Cruiser that I'm buying from Lynn at
Custom Motored Bicycles - Home

She was a great help to me. The second bike is a Huffy Deluxe that I bought from Target's website, it's been shipped & I'll get it next week but will return it because I'm buying a better bike from Lynn.

Should have it all built within two weeks.

Attachments

Blues88s

Mar 30, 2011
Lake Mary, Florida
Are you thinking an inframe gas tank or something attached?

Terry
Inframe or mounted? Well Terry, it depends on what day of the week you ask me. :) When I first started looking I was sure a PK 80 would be perfect for the vintage 1903 Harley look I wanted. Then, I thought a rear mounted 4 stroke made more sense. Last night, I decided an inframe 4 stroke is the way to go & hopefully that's my final answer. It looks like Dax is where to buy it & I'll call him next week to place an order.

I've found so much knowledge, wisdom & kindness on this forum that I'm sure I can always get good advice & help when needed.