2 stroke maintenance

GoldenMotor.com

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
so after reading some of the threads (yes i do mean every post :)) posted in my thread asking about slant heads vs standards, i learned that theres ways to tune parts and such (like i have no idea what a squish band is, or how to tune a carburetor, and theirs brass bushings? iv'e never worked with motors before so what do they do and are they hard to install?)

any links to videos or somewhat detailed explanations would be great since i don't want to destroy my motor to fast.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The best way to 'not destroy' your engine is to... always mix your gas & oil well; always fully warm up the engine BEFORE going to full throttle, (especially during the break in period.) & last... don't try to tinker with it or try to 'hot rod' it until you have mastered making it run right in stock form! ;)

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
Also there is this forum Norm's 2 stroke repair center - Motorized Bicycle: Engine Kit Forum
That Norm has done a LOT to educate people about these little motors, he used lots of pics to help the learning process. Poke around in that forum and I think you will find the answers you are looking for. I also think you will find answers to questions that haven't occurred to you yet.

Good luck and welcome to the greatest addiction yet.