Hello from the UK

GoldenMotor.com

Skodasupercar

Aug 15, 2010
London, UK
Edited -

Doh. I wrote an introduction with pics from photobucket bit apparently can't post links until i have 3 posts under my belt.

So anyway, here goes again.

I have been a lurker here for a while and really like some of the creations and bikes on here.

A car forum I frequent has a large annual car show with a weekend of camping and fun on the site.

For the show, and campsite fun I build a chopper out of a kids push bike and an old lawn mower engine.

I used a 3hp Tecumsi lawn mower and a childs mountain bike. I cut and welded new tubes in to stretch is an used a belt and tentioner to create a primary drive and then used a secondary chain drive to the rear wheel.

I will post some pictures up in a moment when I figure that out.

I will do a full thread in the chopper section shortly.

So for now, thanks and Hello!

Lewis

Last edited:

Skodasupercar

Aug 15, 2010
London, UK
Here is the lawn mower and the finished bike with my 5yr old for scale.

I have also attached a pic of my riding it on the car show track.

It is a pritty interesting ride. The belt clutch is fun and it has no gears but will do over 30mph and is suprisingly powerful considering. I have already started on adding gears to get it going really fast.

The biggest issue I had was the strength of the rear axle. It appears to be made out of chocolate.

Lewis

Attachments

Skodasupercar

Aug 15, 2010
London, UK
Thanks for the comments.

I added foot pegs and a tank after the pic with my daughter on it.

On the 'action' pic you can see the tank and one foot peg on the other side. Unfortunately I let a mate have a go in the camp site, and he crashed it snapping on of the foot pegs off.

I was really quite supprised how fast this thing goes. With the current gearing it does about 30 - 35 mph flat out, but has loads of power. I can't really gear it any higher as, without gears, it is hard to get it going. Needs lots of clutch slipping.

Lewis