Double Bike Seat.. Does it exist?

GoldenMotor.com

Chrismbello

Nov 8, 2009
Gainesville
Anyone know of any places that make it so a bicycle can have a 'back' seat. It would come in handy to take people on rides. I'm guessing I could have a welder weld another seat on the back from a different bike, but has anyone here done this yet?
I'm guessing would have to upgrade to some heavy spoked wheels to compensate for the extra weight (have to upgrade anyways because my wheel has gotten wobbly since a few spokes have bent from the mounted sproket.)

-Chris

PS: I'm a light guy (about 150) so extra weight wouldn't be TOO much of an issue.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Funny you mention that, I was just thinking about that today...
But then you'd need to make pegs for the pillion rider

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
I use a banana seat because I like to sit further back. I modified mine by shortening the part that sticks out in front of the seat tube and adding more padding. Also I recommend getting a suspension sissy bar. Using a solid one makes for a very rough ride.

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
If you had access to a welder, I'd go for a seat off a chinese moped. Those banana seats look pretty hard, but I never seen one up close.

The only thing about the moped seat is you'd need access to a welder to make a custom sissy bar & to get the front end to the seat post somehow.

Used to ride around one of those mopeds with 2 (sometimes 3, one kid was like 13 though) people all over the place. You definitely NEED to be comfortable while you do it. The shape of that banana seat looks pretty unfair to the driver.

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
lol we used to do that with BMX bikes all the time as kids. One person stands on the pegs while another pedals. Its not as bad as you'd think

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Used to ride around one of those mopeds with 2 (sometimes 3, one kid was like 13 though) people all over the place. You definitely NEED to be comfortable while you do it. The shape of that banana seat looks pretty unfair to the driver.
Amateur!

laff