Lowering the Seat

GoldenMotor.com

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I have an aluminum beach cruiser and I am wanting to lower the seat by cutting off 1/2" or 1" of the seat tube.

Will doing this weaken the frame in any way??

Im going for the bobber look so I want my seat as low as I can get it.

Let me know
Thanks
tcams

Attachments

Last edited:

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
you will need to lower the clamping notch too , i think as long as you deburr all the edges nice and smooth , it should be good . the clamping notch looks like the only issue to me .

if you use a hacksaw to do the notch , use a round file ( or a dremmel ) and make it a nice smooth rounded shape at the bottom again - like the original notch .

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
hey hows your bike going my trike is finally done and i will be posting pictures soon right now i am trying to get the turns right before i go in the road

the new ausped

Feb 10, 2010
australia
if you want the seat AS LOW as you can here is a god idea on most bike seats there 2 pieces of metal coming out from he botom of the seatt take everyhing else off seat pole,tube and mechanise then bend them aa bit so the fo snugly n your frame and weld them on

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
I cut the post down as far as i could on the rockhopper with a tubing cutter and then i cut the notch with a pair of good tin snips and it worked out great, good luck Tcams