G'day from Melbourne Australia

GoldenMotor.com

Robsalvv

Feb 27, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Hi guys,

Just dropping in to say hi and look around. :)

I've just finished motorising a large frame older style mountain bike with a 2T Grubee engine - not quite done on the niceties yet, but it's finally in and finally works.

Anyhow, I wanted to find a place where I could chat with dudes/dudettes about motorizing bikes and get some advice... looks like this might be the right place!

I'm quite familiar with forums and forum life, being a moderator on Australia's largest motorbike forum, so I hope it holds me in good stead while I get a feel for this community.

Cheers all.

Rob

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
Welcome aboard Rob, great to have you join, its great to see more & more fellow Aussies joining

Great forum to chat and learn all about MB, ensure you post a pick of your ride

Cheers
Brains
Adelaide SA

Robsalvv

Feb 27, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for the welcome Gents. :)

The engine hasn't even clocked up an hour yet, so I've been keeping the trips short and rev's not too high. She runs OK once warmed up. Seems to miss time at high revs but haven't had it up that high long enough to know for sure.

I'll post up some pics as soon as I can find the blasted digi cam! ...especially my creative lower frame mounting point... stoopid extra large oval frame caused me some grief!

Cheers all.

Scotty

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Welcome Rob
Its good to see I'm not the only rider in Melbourne.

Are you still riding motorbikes? I had to give my GSXR up after numerous speeding fines so I get my thrills from motorized pushies now.

What areas do you ride mate? I haven't seen anybody else riding petrol bikes around Dandenong for years.

Scotty

saolom

Oct 14, 2008
Australia
Welcome Rob,

This forum is the best for motorized bicycles!

I also live in melb, Studley Park is a great place for us boys. hehe