Clever Bike Names

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
So true, and so very sad. He is the Godfather of AC power and the electrical grid that powers nearly every modern city in the world, just to name one of his most common inventions that everyone interacts with on a daily basis, and gets not even a blip on the history radar of modern times. Most people erroneously learned it was Westinghouse.
To think of what more Tesla could have done if he were not repressed, ripped off, cheated, and ridiculed, the world is still at a huge loss for.
Electricity was only one of his many studies.

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Redditch [UK] and Reichenau [Saxony ]
I find names tend to suddenly "happen". Either based around a colourway or an ethos or whatever.

My Boardtracker 'ish project will be Coffee Brown and Cream - hence "Cafe Creme". It was going to be Burgundy and Yellow "Plums and Custard".

As to celeverest, most intelligent, whatever - check out Prof. Luigi Collani a design and engineering genius of the modern age who most people have probably never heard of - www.collani.ch. will give you an insight.

I was fortunate enough to visit his exhibition in Karlsruhe [ Germany ] before he went to lecture at Tokyo University. Awesome - with the proper use of the word.

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I find names tend to suddenly "happen". Either based around a colourway or an ethos or whatever.
I agree. Thank you helping me. The name is already happened, I just had to figure out what it is.

I have to think back to when I first laid eyes on this bike. I picked it up in July, after waiting 12 weeks for it to arrive. It turns out from Cambodia, not China like everyone thinks.

I wasn't concerned about how long it was taking, because I needed time to come up with an explanation for the ball and chain. I didn't consult with her beforehand about why I needed this bicycle, and it cost almost $800 out the door. Even I think that's a lot for a single speed beach cruiser, with just a coaster brake, but it tends to make tiny little woman brains explode like a nuclear bomb. It took almost 5 weeks before the SHTF when she noticed it on the credit card bill lol.

This model wasn't really my first choice. I wanted to buy a Chief, but they were discontinued, and sold out. This bike is a new model for 2012, and the closest looking bike to a Chief. I had never seen either one in the flesh anyway.

Finally after 12 weeks the bike shop called to tell me it's here. I drove there that afternoon in my van to pick it up. When I walked in the shop I didn't see it right off, because it was parked behind a counter out of sight. The shop manager rolled it out onto the showroom floor in front of me.

My reaction was stunned silence. What hits you first is the color, and quality of the paint. It's much better than anything you expect on a bicycle. Then the shape of the tank frame. It's magnificent. Then the red fatty wheels. In spite of all this my outward reaction was very subdued. I thanked them for getting it for me, said it looked great, and rolled it outside with little fanfare.

Since then it's mostly been sitting in my living room with probably less than 5 miles total on it in all this time. But now the urge to turn it into a MB is finally overcoming my desire to just look, and admire it's stunning looks.

As a matter of fact, it just hit me. That's what it's name is. What it said to me the first moment I laid eyes on it. The reaction was so violent it's taken me over 5 months to recover my senses.

May I introduce Stunner, which means, one that stuns, or is stunning.

Last edited:

Beachcomber

Nov 3, 2012
Redditch [UK] and Reichenau [Saxony ]
I agree. Thank you helping me. The name is already happened, I just had to figure out what it is.

Since then it's mostly been sitting in my living room with probably less than 5 miles total on it in all this time. But now the urge to turn it into a MB is finally overcoming my desire to just look, and admire it's stunning looks.

As a matter of fact, it just hit me. That's what it's name is. What it said to me the first moment I laid eyes on it. The reaction was so violent it's taken me over 5 months to recover my senses.

May I introduce Stunner, which means, one that stuns, or is stunning.

Way to go - it is a "Stunning" looking machine.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Good call, it fits well. She's going to look great when you're done.

I used to do a lot with a game a few years ago, to the point of hosting my own little server world. Naming people and places becomes a problem on a project like that. Inspiration came to me via internet language translation sites. None of the players ever caught on I don't think, but all of the "bosses" across the world were literally all named "Evil Villain".

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There was a Viking in Shetland in the 800s or something like that called Ragnar Hairytrousers. I've always rather admired that for some reason.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
My newest Cranbrook build I call Lil' Hussy. My three wheeled recumbent I call Tri-Baby, And I'm almost finished with a 24" wheel Goped build I'm calling FrankenPed. I don't have a pic of that one yet. I think ya gotta build her, (or him,) first, then you both decide on a name. Your new baby WILL help you decide.
fatdaddy.

Attachments

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
My newest Cranbrook build I call Lil' Hussy. My three wheeled recumbent I call Tri-Baby, And I'm almost finished with a 24" wheel Goped build I'm calling FrankenPed. I don't have a pic of that one yet. I think ya gotta build her, (or him,) first, then you both decide on a name. Your new baby WILL help you decide.
fatdaddy.
Carnbrook's look good with apes.