Um, Yeah I'm pretty excited.

GoldenMotor.com

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Mark, it's great to directly talk to a supplier. And they were some realy cool dudes, too. I can tell the passion is there.
And my bike is a steel frame. I put a magenate on it, and stuck everywhere. So, I might be ok on that end.

If this build goes ok, I'm going to build one for my wife, then probably sell mine (or keep it) and build a board tracker.

Either way, I'm still pretty darn excited!!!

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Steel, aluminum... they each got their problems.
Steel tube can rust and scale internally and just collapse unexpectedly in use, or crack at welds.

Aluminum?
Well, it's made the mainstream news recently where entire fleets of aircraft have been grounded for inspection because aluminum can suffer from catastrophic failure because of metal fatigue.

I have no specific source, but it's easy enough to search the info down.

lol One day there's gonna be a buncha carbon fiber bikes on the streets with some ugly lookin patches on em! lol

rc

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Purty Cool Don. Those make for some great looking MBs. Score on the price! Dunno which is more fun, building, ridding or planning.

The fender thing really needs some consideration. Can get ya hurt real fast. Google Custom Search

Post lots of pics and I would say have fun, but ... lol, ya already are.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
So, I got the kit today. I installed the front brakes, the seat and the springer fork on the front end. I mounted the motor, and after a very long time, I got the carburetor on.. I'm working on the rear sprocket right now, and after that, I should have the gastank, exhaust, running the chain and the ignition.
Am I forgetting anything? It seems pretty straight forward, but it would have been great to get some instructions.

his196

Jun 19, 2011
Thousand Oaks, CA
Make sure your chain is properly tensioned, and the bolts are ALL tight, with LockTight Blue, and make certain that your motor is lock solid mounted to the frame.

Other than that, you're good to go!

Let us know!

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
My favorite MB is a Schwinn Point Beach. Aluminum frame. It has been ridden every day for three years. No sign of any frame problems. I built it brand new. It has a Dax 66cc two stroke. I have had flats, cables wear out, minor stuff. I pull a Schwinn trailer sometimes. It shows signs of exaust on the front of it. After 3 years of use I would be worryed about hauling anything alive in it. I have another bike with a 4 stroke motor. Rear mount. The muffler sits above where the exaust would be a problem for the trailer. But I don't know. I would not pull a child behind a MB. Exaust scares me. Duane at Dax has always treated me like a king.