opti-2 I'm sold on it.

GoldenMotor.com

cyclepro101

May 13, 2009
NEWCASTLE
After reading this link Which 2-cycle oil for Toro snow blower. I went out and change to Opti-2. I was assured by the bloke at the mower and chainsaw shop that 100:1 is the correct mixture for ALL 2 CYCLE engines. He also said that 99% of all professional lawn keepers use this stuff and report amazing longevity of their equipment.
I remember years ago when I got my first edger and lawn mower I used this stuff and the edger is still going strong after 15 years.
Appears to be great in the Z80 too. Even with only 150km's on the clock.

Steve

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
After reading this link Which 2-cycle oil for Toro snow blower. I went out and change to Opti-2. I was assured by the bloke at the mower and chainsaw shop that 100:1 is the correct mixture for ALL 2 CYCLE engines. He also said that 99% of all professional lawn keepers use this stuff and report amazing longevity of their equipment.
I remember years ago when I got my first edger and lawn mower I used this stuff and the edger is still going strong after 15 years.
Appears to be great in the Z80 too. Even with only 150km's on the clock.

Steve
It's the only oil I will use after trying it in a bike that I wasn't happy with the performance. After running it for about 10 miles it actually cleaned all the black junk off the top of the piston and is now running so much smoother, also starts and warms up so much quicker.
I have switched all three of my bikes and 2 stroke lawn equiptment over.
Now I only have one premix can in the garage instead of three. 100:1

John

midatlanticcycle

Apr 14, 2009
leola, pa.
steve: it is great stuff but 100:1 is only approx. 1.25 ounces of oil per gallon. personally, i wouldn't chance that minimal mixture with these chinese motors and their loss tolerances, and entry-level components. it might live on 50:1 but 100:1? and the bloke at the shop is not correct about 100:1 being ideal for all 2-strokes. even outboard motors with oil injection vary the mixture. is approx. 100:1 at idle, 50:1 at cruise, and as low as 32:1 at full load/throttle. IMHO

cyclepro101

May 13, 2009
NEWCASTLE
Well my machine is running so good on this stuff. I have up'ed the the main jet to #76 (.76mm) and for some reason I kept on lowering the clip on the needle from the std. second spot down and it just kept going better and better. Now its on the bottom slot, ie. the richest, and its going great. Still only done 200km's so I am only taking it easy but this stuff is great.

Steve

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
i run motul 2t synthetic. the oil is green, and it smells great. even better when you burn it in a 4 stroke.
(yes i run mixed gas in everything besides a car)

anyway, compared to gas-pump mix oil ill shell out the ten bucks for the better oil anyday.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
and for the record, to stay on topic. opti makes some solid stuff. i have their chemical rebuild package sitting in my bedroom (im a small engine mechanic, its like art for gearheads....) i have yet to use it but if its as good as the oil i bet it works.

cyclepro101

May 13, 2009
NEWCASTLE
Well my machine is running so good on this stuff. I have up'ed the the main jet to #76 (.76mm) and for some reason I kept on lowering the clip on the needle from the std. second spot down and it just kept going better and better. Now its on the bottom slot, ie. the richest, and its going great. Still only done 200km's so I am only taking it easy but this stuff is great.

Steve
I just wanted to clear up something from my above post. Even though the motor was going OK with the clip on the bottom slot it was cutting out at idle after a couple of minutes. So I took the plug out and it was all caked over with carbon. So the clip has gone back up to the second slot from the top.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
you know this forum is kind of bitter sweet. There is so much good info but it can be a bit of overload and play with the mind. I got Opti 2 because of the reviews and couldnt find Amsoil locally. I'm still breaking in the motor with reg 2 cycle and looking at the Opti 2 bottle. Seems like mixed reviews on the 100:1 thread. I would use it more towards 50:1 or 25:1 but still- should I use it or something else? hmmmmm

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I would let another couple of guinea pigs run it at 100:1 before I ran my engine at that ratio.

These china engines are built to very inexact tolerances and 100:1 may well sent your engine to an early grave.

When the manufacture says "run any 2 stroke at 100:1", I'm not so sure they realize that something like these china engines even exist.

Sydneysider

Mar 20, 2009
Sydney
I would let another couple of guinea pigs run it at 100:1 before I ran my engine at that ratio.

These china engines are built to very inexact tolerances and 100:1 may well sent your engine to an early grave.

When the manufacture says "run any 2 stroke at 100:1", I'm not so sure they realize that something like these china engines even exist.
yea me too.. I will wait and see, 100:1 seems it may be pushing it a bit for these little marvels of machinery.

Last edited:

pedal pusher

Feb 20, 2009
Charlotte, NC
Re: Oil War I

As Oil War I continues to rage throughout the motorbike world, I still look to those in leadership positions for direction and guidance. I don't think I deserve a medal for longevity, but I have been working off and on since February on my GasBike 66cc kit, and am back to starting over again. I have thought many times of loading it all into the back of my pickup and taking it to the shopping center parking lot and trying to sell it for what I could get for it. And I still may. Tired of mounting the motor and dismounting it over and over, I ordered my motor mount from Sick Bike Parts. Having the sprocket bored incorrectly, stripping and breaking bolts repeatedly, I have on order the sprocket and adapter from Manic Mechanic Creative Engineering. So, inspite of this war, perhaps there is a glimmer of hope for us oppressed, inept, MB wannabes.
But believing that...'All things work for the good of those who believe..." I still don't know what to use for breakin and after, if and when that glorious day for engine startup does arrive. I therefore propose someone in our great forum create for us an organization based upon the lines of NATO, such as OTTO: Organization for Truth and Treaty on Oil, or something to that effect. But then, looking at NATO, this may be such a good idea. To those who are still in the battle, ...."Never, ever, Give up..." said Prime Minister Churchill.usflg

svejkovat

May 25, 2009
michigan
What meager emotional satisfaction could result from selling it in the parking lot?

Pack it full of magnesium shavings and nestle it into the coals of a good blazing fire well into the back yard.

Sit back and uncap your favorite beverage.

Purr and smile contentedly as the smugly obdurate MF'ing little pile of totally random alloys and deviously engineered (the chinese are plotting to drive anyone with any mechanical sensibilities insane with this stuff. it's so cheap it's like opium to us) threads, casings, cams, rings, bearings, etc, self immolate in a white blaze of collapsing agony!!!!!!! Yesssss. Oh yehehessssssss!

for heaven's sake, remove all trace of opti-2 from any/all surfaces or you'll never be rid of it. Scientists have speculated that a small piston engine coated even with a 1/1,000,000,000,000,000 thick film of opti-2 (mixed at 1,000,000,000,000:1 with Marathon premium) would be the only object recognizible after the entire planet were sucked into a black hole. It would start again on the first pull. And it would run better for the experience. They say this. I got it somewhere, just a sec......

Last edited:

pedal pusher

Feb 20, 2009
Charlotte, NC
You are absolutely correct. But before the fire I think I will invite the entire block for a party and let everyone enjoy our revolt against Chinese torture and domination.
This is better and cheaper than therapy.
Thanks lots.

svejkovat

May 25, 2009
michigan
I don't know, but I think it's a pretty good bet that this would be a killer combo.
Opti-2 and..... Ta DAAA!

I don't know exactly how much "plus" we're talking here. Some experimentation is in order. But there is little doubt in my mind that this will enhance your driving experience.

Bear in mind, as the name suggests, this product, when combined with Opti-2, will detect whatever advantages that product has accorded, apportioned, awarded, bequeathed, come through for, committed unto, conferred upon, devoted to, donated to, entrusted upon, favored with, gifted to, given away toward, granted, handed out to, honored with, imparted to, kicked in with, lavished upon, offered up to, presented with, put out to, or rendered toward your little motor....and simply makes it do MORE of all that. Yess'ir, every one of those fancy words above! All yours, yours alone, working in your camp for only 49.95 a bottle.

imagine...

I'll DOUBLE your product for the same low price if you act before midnight EST! No credit cards, money orders, personal checks, paypal, yada yada... just cash in an envelope please.

Last edited:

cyclepro101

May 13, 2009
NEWCASTLE
This cracks me up. Everyone stressing over oil. The fact these motors are not high tech it does not really matter what oil u use or at what ratio. Anyone would think we were racing GP bikes. Just put some oil in the fuel and ride the darn thing.

Steve