1st motorized bicycle paint job

GoldenMotor.com

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
When I went to paint them I was just goin to paint them flat black to match every other thing on the bike accept the frame. On the spur of the moment I decided to take it up a notch. There is no clear on it yet and the lines ain't perfect. It just is was it is.

This is the bike its going on. I call the the Briad (Brian & Chad) after the 2 previous owners of the 2 bikes it was. Sorry about the blur. It is still cold in the basement. I'm removing the big wally seat also, hate it!

Attachments

Last edited:

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Re: 1st MB paint job

Hopefully soon! 2-3 days i hope
I've neglected to get little things like oil, gas can, loctite etc.LOL I've had my mind on my e-bike. got a $500 battery on the way!

commander

Mar 19, 2009
penn state

I really like this paint job , specially the gas tank. thats something i will do when i grow tired of the factory paint. it would be cool to trick one bike out totally with nice paint and graphics.

good job

rmeloy34

Mar 26, 2009
Wallyworld Conn.

Ozzy,great job....ive been toying with paint ideas since the weather warmed up,Now you got me inspired,Ive got an extra tank and chainguard mabey even some fenders....I wont even have to disassemble!!!yeah ..thanx for sharing bro!

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH

Lookin' awesome Ozzy. How did you get that finish?
Well, you basically do everything wrong. Hold the can way too far out and move it quickly. Repeat for all the colors your working with until get a THIN coat. Let it dry and repeat until you have the look you want.

Another cool one is to paint the 1st coat as you normally do and let dry. Then a light 2nd coat of another color and mist water on it and let dry. Repeat 2nd step with a 3rd color or same until you have a look you like.

Thanks for the complements! I I only spent 2 hrs. at the most on the painting and taping.

I didn't go out and get the hi temp paint or anything for that matter. I spent a good couple hours putting the rear sprocket on. I 'm an experienced mechanical assembler with patients. I tell you I will not be looking forward to doing that again! I thought it would be smooth sailing after I test fitted it over the hub and it fit over the bearing housing like it was made for it. The process is a real pain! I'm sure that is not news to anyone that has done it.

The bottom bolt on the SBP kickstand was too long. I had to cut off 3 or 4 threads. But, it actually helped check the wobble.

I thought I'd throw in a pic of the stand I made in all of 15 min to keep the mirror and shifters off the ground while it was upside down.

Attachments

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH

Well I've made some progress. I'm taking my time and really pouring over the Classic Instructions section. The paint is done as much as will be til I get it running. I may try my hand a pin stripping at some point. I pre-installed a clutch pull mod I saw way back. I did a wild brake mod. The thread - http://motorbicycling.com/f3/stop-7411.html

Attachments

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH

Cam broke!
No pics! :-||

It looks like it was spawned form Hades!!
If Lucifer and Indian Larry mated this would be there child!!
brnot

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH

Finally got new camera!
These things are never done still have more to do.
I know i sized them all to medium?

now he resize took LOL took a day

I do need something else beside's MBc logo on there
i got the cup older off the "to do" pile. i put it on the handlebars and put my old basket back on.

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

(Spanish accent) lookin' good!
Really like the "rat" look with out the tensioner. Honestly with the color scheme and build, looks awesome. Nice job Ozz-mon, purty work