Hello from Slappy in the UK

GoldenMotor.com

slappy

Jun 8, 2016
United Kingdom
Hello all I am new to the forum and new to the world of motorised bikes, I have been into old cars hot rods and old pedal bikes for a long time , I have always wanted an early Indian but we can all dream. Until this weekend just gone when I purchased a 1920's Motobecane Mb1 frame with great patina and also managed to find a tank in France , they should be turning up soon, I want to build it broadtrack style so any advice and help would be great
thanks Slappy.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Where are you, Slappy? I'm in Brum. I could do with a tank like that as well. Got any contacts?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I found the tank and saw the price. Fortunately I had my spray at hand and the palpitations went away very quickly. :)

slappy

Jun 8, 2016
United Kingdom
I know bit expensive but if you want to build something that the tank will fit straight on and has real patina it's worth spending a little more on one part a less on another also that tank has the very hard to find brass fuel cap , my tank was somewhat cheaper but it will go in keeping with the bike

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
That's where we differ. I'm doing mine from scratch with cheap or cheap-ish parts, and it's intended as a bit of fun that will have rivet counters either recognising it as a bit of fun, or talking total garbaggio about it as if it's really old.

Britax Ducati

Feb 1, 2015
Berkshire England
Hi Slappy i'm in Berkshire again not to far I am also building a board tracker its all mocked up now just need to braze / weld a couple of bits the will get round to final build unless I change the design again!!! welcome to this forum. I don't post a lot but read and look all the time.

slappy

Jun 8, 2016
United Kingdom
That's where we differ. I'm doing mine from scratch with cheap or cheap-ish parts, and it's intended as a bit of fun that will have rivet counters either recognising it as a bit of fun, or talking total garbaggio about it as if it's really old.
Hi Ludwig I didn't mean to offend in any way I have been building old cars for a long time and just wanted to build a patina broadtrack I am also on a budget it's just going to be frame tankand engine old but rest I will build oh and I need to find some form of girder forks, sorry again if I offended you in any way

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
No offence taken. For the forks I'd go straight to Mopedland, out by Ipswich. He's a/the major autocycle parts supplier.

Take a look at the Cooper & Ludwig thread as well on

DIY Home Built Motorized Bicycle (non kit).

slappy

Jun 8, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi Slappy i'm in Berkshire again not to far I am also building a board tracker its all mocked up now just need to braze / weld a couple of bits the will get round to final build unless I change the design again!!! welcome to this forum. I don't post a lot but read and look all the time.
Hi Briax Ducati, thanks for the welcome , it's a bit of a learning curve for me used to old rusty metal cars and old pedal bikes , but I have always loved old Indians and chace came up on the early frame I had to do it, just waiting for the postman to deliver can't wait like a little kid at Christmas.

slappy

Jun 8, 2016
United Kingdom
No offence taken. For the forks I'd go straight to Mopedland, out by Ipswich. He's a/the major autocycle parts supplier.

Hi Ludwig thanks for the info, I will take a look, as soon as the tank and frame turn up I will start a thread on the build.

Slappy.

slappy

Jun 8, 2016
United Kingdom
No offence taken. For the forks I'd go straight to Mopedland, out by Ipswich. He's a/the major autquestiparts supplier.

Thanks Ludwig I will do , as soon as the frame and tank arive i will start a thread on the build , i will be asking lots of questions

Slappy