Optimal Tire Pressure for High Speed Riding

GoldenMotor.com

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
Obviously you've never seen a tire explode and take a man's lower face off. I did.
But you go ahead, ignore the max pressure rating and inflate to whatever you choose.
That's your prerogative. Just don't tell others that it is okay to do here. We like to see our members take safety seriously.

Tom
i have .... well not a lower face and not a mon it was me lol

the tire was cracked and old the side wal split at 40 lbs and it bulged so fast i didnt even have time to think and then BOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMM !!!!! it exploded so damn loud it sounded like a pipe bomb no kidding ! people were looking out windows ! so yeh even a bike tire can explode and send a piece of 4 in wide rubber into your forehead ! it feels like getting punched by mike tyson ! that was only 40 lbs of iar in a wal mart bike tire. but then i have hookworms that hold 60 on the regular and could probably take a good 70 so ..... be carfull the quality of tire definatly matters !

Last edited:
May 9, 2013
Laguna Beach, Ca.
My motorized bike is shod with Kenda K838s filled to 55psi (they are max rated @ 65psi). I find this a perfect combo of super-low rolling resistance and cushy comfort. Got over 200 miles on this set and they still look like new.

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
My motorized bike is shod with Kenda K838s filled to 55psi (they are max rated @ 65psi). I find this a perfect combo of super-low rolling resistance and cushy comfort. Got over 200 miles on this set and they still look like new.
Map turned me in to to those k838's, great tires. On my Dyno with 55_60lbs it's a bruiser in the bumps lol, but love the control on nice flat ground.

Dan.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I keep my tires pressurized to the rating on the sidewall, less a few PSI. The rear on my beast I fill to 60 though, not 65, as I have a layer of rubber (old tube, folded over itself) between the tire and the tube for extra puncture resistance that makes up the extra/remaining volume.