Will this work?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Depends on the hill and your weight, but yes, for all but the steepest hills, and for the average weight guy, it will be fine.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
That's the kit I have on two builds, same supplier. It will make it up the hills but you should pedal along with it to help keep it from bogging out on you 2/3rds of the way up.

The stock drive sprocket is 44T. I have one running with a 36T 'speed' sprocket and 'Speed' carb, my beast, and it needs help up longer hills. My wife's bike has a 48T 'torque' drive sprocket and will buzz happily up hills with little or no assistance, and doesn't notice the trailer behind it at all.

The price isn't bad, close to average I think for this type of kit. I didn't pay shipping, I picked up direct from thier warehouse. Whereabouts in Canada are you?

sniperxfire

Mar 6, 2013
Canada
That's the kit I have on two builds, same supplier. It will make it up the hills but you should pedal along with it to help keep it from bogging out on you 2/3rds of the way up.

The stock drive sprocket is 44T. I have one running with a 36T 'speed' sprocket and 'Speed' carb, my beast, and it needs help up longer hills. My wife's bike has a 48T 'torque' drive sprocket and will buzz happily up hills with little or no assistance, and doesn't notice the trailer behind it at all.

The price isn't bad, close to average I think for this type of kit. I didn't pay shipping, I picked up direct from thier warehouse. Whereabouts in Canada are you?
Thanks BikeJoe and Ctripps. I live in Vancouver Canada as well and its kind of far to their warehouse.

I have one question. It says the engine kit will run top approx. 28mph. Does that mean the speed will decrease if i were to get a 48T torque sprocket?

Also, I just checked the items you mentioned: carb / sprocket. Are those worth getting it?

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Top speed varies due to a lot of factors, and no two motors are quite alike in output. I can say that the 48T sprocket and standard carb build tops out in the mid 40's (kp/h) as far as I know but it is just past break-in distance and that could go up a little still. On my beast I have hit 60 km/h WOT on level ground (but it does take a little while to get there) and nearly 70 travelling down the Knight Street bridge from Richmond (the bike began to speed wobble so I backed it down).

Top speed will be reduced by increasing sprocket size, but you gain a lot of power for hill climbing and pulling.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I can't really compare the stock carb to the Speed carb on my bike, as I never really ran the stock carb on it for more than a few test starts.

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
that motor setup looks nice online. The chrome muffler is especially shiny. and the grips match well. I wonder why they wont ship em out of canada though? Good price.