Thanks to Brucemg51

GoldenMotor.com

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Guys and Gals, just look at all the "chatter" regarding building these little "whizzer things" since Brucemg51 posted his unfoutunate experience of having that motor come off his bike. He posted it to WARN us!!! looks like it "TOOK". Most of the recent post I've read have to do with "studs".. makin' it stronger, safer, better.... Thank you Bruce... looks like your work regarding warning us was well done.

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
i have a feeling bruce lost his motor because he bought a bike, bought a motor, married them up and found out that there is much maintenence needed even before the first start-up. in fact there are whole threads going on for hundres if not thousands of words about this subject alone. just because you might have made a cake mix and have use of an oven does not make you a baker. the warning is read read and ask questions.

misteright1_99

Mar 21, 2008
Treasure Coast, Florida
I agree that prior research is needed and that info is here. I bought an engine kit after reading here for a few months, and before I bought a bike, and when i got my engine I changed EVERY bolt, stud, and nut with quality hardware, Maybe overkill but I dont think so, my safety was my main concern. I have to agree with Stude13, READ, READ, READ....

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Before you got too far with your thanks, look in "pictures & videos" under Yamaha/Moon Dog Hybrid- posted 5days ago. What his warning post showed me is how fiercely loyal we are to OUR China Girl engines. Could this be because most of us are normal and use common sense, and don't get all "jiggy" when things don't go right? Happy Trails to ALL, Walter F.

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Hmmmm I looked at that post in Yamaha/Moon Dog Hybrid, posted 5 days ago...He really did take this bike TOO far, not something I would do, or i think anyone else should do (make it more dangerous) by trying to make a bicycle something it's NOT..... I say we string him up...

LordMaximo

Aug 31, 2008
High Plains Desert, Roy UT
So....is there going to be a barbie que here sometime??????
String em up, sounds like a party to me.....:rolleyes:..........how high do you want the rope? rotfl

I like this place and really enjoy the waked out rides some of the guys do... it reminds me of the rat rods forum I belong too as well. A great deal of over kill is the the icing on the kake. :D

Maximo