Help, chain hits 2.125 tires

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
To each their own like it has been said here, but I dont like the wide tires on mine, most of the stock "balloon Tires" that I've seen are very poor quality tires so I go with 26x1.95 tires that are heavier duty because the width of the tire is not where the strength and safety of it is, what makes it a safe tire is the quality ( TPI ) Thread Per Inch and tread design for the terrain it's being used on being correct.

I like the way the wider tires look and I know there are high quality wide tires out there, but on all three of my bikes.......moving the rear sprocket to a position that will allow the chain to clear the wider tire has always caused serious chain alignment issue that has cause binding on the drive/engine sprocket which would cause the chain to come off sometime, this is why I got away from the wider tires and just went with the 1.95 which isnt that much different anyway and that solved all my chain alignment issues on all three bikes.

I see a lot of the MB's with the wide tires but they have never wrked out for mine without causing chain clearance to tire issues.

just my experience and $.02 nothing more nothing less.....

Peace