Greetings from Northern Virginia

GoldenMotor.com

Meer123

May 27, 2008
A greeting, my name is Al and I’m from Northern VA. I have been in love with anything that has wheels and an internal combustion engine since as long as I can remember. I have a special fetish for odd lifted 4x4’s (Land Cruisers and Discovery’s and pre-76 Bronco’s are nice) and old school BMW’s (E30’s and 2002’s and E28’s) as well as other RWD small machinery from Alfa GTV’s to Datsun 510’s and older Corollas – all of which were for autocross and driving school events. I also had a Kawasaki Ninja just to round it out … hahaha

I got married some 3 years ago and kids soon followed. I can’t imagine life without my kids and I’d take a bullet in the chest for them. But I do miss my old life and my old loves … but being a daddy is a full time job (on top of my full time job as a financial analyst) and I just don’t have time for most of these extra curricular activities. Then about this time last year, I stumbled into the world of motorized bikes – woohooo !

I am far from an expert but I am diligent and the knowledge I have gained over the year – I am willing to share since most of what I know I have learned from other enthusiasts and I would love to do what I can to help promote our hobby – it’s especially pertinent in our world of over $4.00 per gallon gasoline. On a related note … there’s much that I do not know and I hope all of you are patient with me if my questions seem inquisitive and/or redundant.

I have two older (rigid) mountain bikes, both have inexpensive 2 stroke motors – they’re cheap and fast and rudimentary (maybe too rudimentary ?). I’m selling one of them to thin the herd and (hopefully) explore the electric world of motorized bicycles … and there you have it – the short version of the story of my life.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the forum. i grew up in northern va and graduated from edison way back in 75. glad to have you with us and hope you enjoy the site

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Welcome to the forum. Lots of motorized bicycle enthusiasts here. We'd love to see pics of your bikes. I've thought about electric but the batteries just aren't there yet for me. To heavy and not enough range or power. But as soon as they get something better I would love the quietness of an electric bike. Glad you joined us..........................