hello

GoldenMotor.com

Allan

Nov 23, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Hello All,

Thanks for the welcome. I don't have much computer training so I'm trying to figure out how to navigate through this web site. Please don't get mad if I screw up.
I live in Ontario Canada. I have recently started my small business of selling Grubee Engine kits, parts and add ons. Been in business a year or so.This is the only time you'll hear me talk about my business and products. Quinte Skyhawk - Supplier of Starfire Bicycle Engine Kits I'm here for the learnings. Awesome web site, told everyone about it, only just registered this week.
Just like everyone else, I've learned the hard way when it comes to engine kits. I had a problem this week. I really want to share with everyone..just to give a heads up. My friend was riding his mountain bike in the rain and it quit. I check all electrical systems..actually replaced most of it. Could'nt find anything wrong so I started surgery. Pulled the top end off and it was shot, metal and holes everywhere.
Root Cause, no rear fender. Riding in the rain with no rear fender, not good. This may have been covered in a forum already. Just wanted to give a heads up, if it has not.
Regards,
Al

Allan

Nov 23, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Allan,

So basically, (No rear fender), the rear tire was projectile vomiting water and road debris into the Carburetor which of course then found it's way into the engine thus causing "the metal and holes everywhere"?

Jim
That's what I'm thinking happened. The carb filter was also touching the frame which probably allowed water to run down the frame and into the carb.

Allan

Nov 23, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Sorry, still trying to figure out web site, I'm new.
Make sure filter screen and foam are in place...no gaps. May want to attach a piece of aluminum to back seat post in front of Carb to protect from hosing of water.

Allan

Nov 23, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Jim Thanks,
I'm a engine wholesaler/distibuter. I'm not here to push my product. I'm a Newbie. I build bikes for shows to sell kits. I'm really and honestly not here to sell my product. I love building my bikes, I want to take my builds to the next level. I just want to share and learn.
Not to say you will probably see my advertising block in the corner of the home page, but truly thats not why I'm here.
If I can help you in the future...pls ask.
Regards,
Al

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Allan,

It's a good idea!!!!

It really is.

Again the general forum will gain the attention of those here who have a lot of experience.

Make your post regarding bikes without rear fenders in the general forum and let the guys who have been there, and done that, give thier opinion.

Tell them Jim sent ya!

Jim

Allan

Nov 23, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Jim Thanks,
I'm a engine wholesaler/distibuter. I'm not here to push my product. I'm a Newbie. I build bikes for shows to sell kits. I'm really and honestly not here to sell my product. I love building my bikes, I want to take my builds to the next level. I just want to share and learn.
Not to say you will probably see my advertising block in the corner of the home page, but truly thats not why I'm here.
If I can help you in the future...pls ask.
Regards,
Al
Jim,
Thanks,
What do you mean MB's?
Al