Is there an aftermarket manual cluch kit?

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
If you have the option of using a centrifugal clutch (I'm assuming you plan on installing a non-kit 4 stroke engine on your bike), then why not go with that? One less lever you need on your handlebars.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Oh and there is no manual clutch "kit" that I know of. There might be some designed for motorcycles that will work, I would suggest checking with a motorcycle shop for that. But none of the transmissions currently designed for motorbike use on the non-kit engines come with a manual clutch.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
A while back, one of the DIY builders here modified a centrifugal clutch by adding spring loaded pawls that allowed him to pedal start his motor. I think he needed a compression release too to get the motor spinning. After it started, cent force kept the pawls dis-engaged. If you're handy at tinkering and modifying stuff, it wouldn't be too hard to do.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
A while back, one of the DIY builders here modified a centrifugal clutch by adding spring loaded pawls that allowed him to pedal start his motor. I think he needed a compression release too to get the motor spinning. After it started, cent force kept the pawls dis-engaged. If you're handy at tinkering and modifying stuff, it wouldn't be too hard to do.
I have a 98cc Lifan 4 stroke. I didnt buy mine at home depot, but their specs say it has auto-decompression for easy starting. I dont know if thats an action of the recoil starter and the flywheel, or how exactly that works, but maybe somebody here knows what that means.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
The auto-decompression mode is built into the camshaft assembly. The Predators and most of the Honda's ect nowdays have this

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Don't know fore sure. You may need a cylinder head compression release, or a custom manual controlled valve lift device, as these have much more effect than the factory built in camshaft operated ones.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The only kind I know of are motorcycle parts. VERY expensive for this hobby...
Google Baker transmissions.