Hello From Boise, ID

GoldenMotor.com

zombie68

Mar 17, 2010
Boise,ID
Hello All,

New here (obviously) and looking to start a build. Trying to put together a RELIABLE machine and I

figured you all would be the ones to reference. It's gonna take a while to pour through this forum so

excuse me if I ask a question or two that has already been answered. Looking forward to comparing

notes with you all!

Tom

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Tom, Welcome to motorbicycling.com. Hope you find the answers you are looking for, no need to worry about asking questions that have already been answered. Thats what this forum is all about, there is always someone willing to help out, we have the best members anywhere!

.wee.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Hello All,

New here (obviously) and looking to start a build. Trying to put together a RELIABLE machine and I

figured you all would be the ones to reference. It's gonna take a while to pour through this forum so

excuse me if I ask a question or two that has already been answered. Looking forward to comparing

notes with you all!

Tom
Glad to see you're getting started. Am down the road from you in Twin Falls & will be getting my 4 stroke out on the street after doing some minor adjustments on it. May even get a 2 stroke going once I get the money around.

gudenarrd

Jan 12, 2010
Boise,Idaho
hello Tom I live in Boise my name is Skip call me if you like or actually shoot me an email and then i will give you my number,I live off fairview and 5 mile area i have been riding my first build now for a few months and getting ready to redo mine it is an old Monark cruiser and its definately a journey not a distanation and i have a friend who is building anywhere from 2 too 3 per week for ppl here in Boise

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
i have a friend who is building anywhere from 2 too 3 per week for ppl here in Boise
Friend & I live in Twin Falls & we've been getting quite a few looks & inquiries about how did we do it & such. Is your friend making a pretty good living doing the builds? Have you had any problems with the police hassling you?

zombie68

Mar 17, 2010
Boise,ID
Well, I joined, said hello and then disappeared for 2 years. I am back now and planning my first build:)

I have a 2.5 HP Tecumseh engine with 4 mounting bolts on the output shaft side. Anyone ever built a bracket to attach this to a frame? I will be (trying) to draw up plans and would appreciate any input.

The motor has a (1/2") hex shaft and I was wondering if there was a centrifugal clutch that might fit on there....

Anyway, this is a total learning experience for me and I am glad that this site is still around:)

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA
I'm from Boise (but moved) and I have a friend there who has a 48cc build he rides to work every day. He doesn't frequent the forums but you should know you're not alone =) He says he doesn't have any issues going 28-30mph on the 40mph roads in his area, there's plenty of lanes and folks are nice. =)

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I'm here in Boise and love to meet the local MBikers. I've been known to sell off my parts, cheap, to help out a local. I've met 3 so far but I don't get out as much as I should. I see three that go past my house out here on Victory Rd. They seem to be using their bikes full time.

If you have any problems I'll gladly help you out as best I can, maybe it will help motivate me to get back to work on mine :)

xenodius

May 23, 2012
Spokane, WA
My folks live near Victory and Robinson =) Said they saw some people with "one of those bicycle-motor things, like yours!" Small world. I have yet to see anyone else with one up here in spokane, but there are a few on Craigslist. Still get stopped all the time for questions =)

zombie68

Mar 17, 2010
Boise,ID
Well, another few months away from the forum, but I FINALLY, started a build today. I'm putting together a kit from BikeBerry (Micargi/66cc Angle Fire).
It's been a struggle to say the least. Parts not fitting, wrong parts, defective Chinese hardware, etc.
They really should have included Xanax in the kit as well...o.0
Any one here put together the same kit and have any pointers for me?

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Well, another few months away from the forum, but I FINALLY, started a build today. I'm putting together a kit from BikeBerry (Micargi/66cc Angle Fire).
It's been a struggle to say the least. Parts not fitting, wrong parts, defective Chinese hardware, etc.
They really should have included Xanax in the kit as well...o.0
Any one here put together the same kit and have any pointers for me?
The first thing I would recommend is NEVER use anything other than a Grubee engine. Friend of mine got a 2010 48cc Grubee around the same time as I got my 2009 Flying Jacka$$ and he was still running it last year. He was going to either rebuild the engine or buy another to switch with the one with the worn out bearing on his Grubee with 2000 miles on it.

When I bought one of those Flying Jacka$$ kits several years ago...thought I had gotten a good bargain from having to buy the Grubee kit I couldn't afford. Rode it less than two miles and ended up pedaling it home the other two miles. Eventually put less than a 100 miles on it and could never get it to even start after that. Ended up replacing the CDI at least three times. Others might love them...but my experience with these kits are like riding a Harley from when AMF owned them. Ended up trading it out to my buddy and he never forgave me for doing this trade.

Just remember this one for these non-Grubee type kits..."ride a mile...walk the rest". Personally...I would buy a Grubee engine and take that Flying Jacka$$ engine out to the field for target practice. Spend the money and have no headaches.