Introducing myself as suggested.

GoldenMotor.com

ClockWerk

Jan 11, 2012
Minnesota
Hey there. I go by Clock. I live in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area in Minnesota. I've been into bicycling as long as I can remember, and in the last 7 years I've gotten into motorcycling. I do all my own automotive/bike work. I own a 2001 Honda Shadow 1100cc. However; I've been looking to find a middle ground. I want to ride a bike and be able to exercise, but with the option to kick it over and cruise.

I'm currently trying to decide on a kit. I'm leaning toward an 80cc 2 stroke kit, but I'd actually consider something even bigger if It fits in a large frame (I can buy any frame on the internet). I'm a big guy, 6' 0" - 280lbs. So I want an engine that can pull me up a hill if need be. I'm very interested in the options for these small engine kits. Specifically; I've been pondering transmissions: A derailleur attached to the engine chain? Of course the clutch would be hard to do. (If there is already a discussion for this topic please direct me) I am also open to electric kits, but it seems like the batteries aren't efficient enough yet to be as fast as gas engines.

I actually started this quest by looking for Mo-peds on Craigslist/E-bay, then later discovering that it's clearly better to do your own build. You end up with something newer, more fuel efficient, and much much cooler.

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Welcome to the forum. Lots of information here to help you with own your unique build, whatever it may be. When you get the ball rolling on your project don't forget to take pictures and share your progress with the rest of us. :)