what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

well i woke up thi morning and smelled gasoline so i knew my bike was leaking i was so tired i jus put it out side (i dont have a petcock) i figured it was just a hose or something but when i fuled it up and went for spin it wouldnt start i think it was flooded

well anyway i needed to go to work so i pulled out my dads bike that was running perfectly fine before winter and tried to start it i couldnt i was dripping sweat after many attemps to start but had to get a ride for work :( very sad day

now i gotta figure out whats the problem

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

well today i took my new peddal bike out for a spin and i honestly forgot how much work it was to peddal around i am exausted i cant wait to get a motor on it i still need a name though im thinking something with wild in it like wildrider or wild green since its green or i dont know i dont really have that kind of imagination maybe money pit or suicide ride
YouTube - Wild Thing-The Troggs (High Quality)

Just a thought WA. Sounded like ya had a rough one today and a lil head banging, make yer ears bleed loud MB theme music always helps. Snork

Each one of my MBs sort of get an unofficial theme tune. I have found some songs just naturally play in my head for the personality of each MB.

Have a better one tomorrow!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

rode all over on my trusty 24" to get parts for the souped-up 26."

came home, and got the new bike running. the mikuni needs to be tuned, but it started first try with no choke. yay!

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine

I spent half an hour searching craigslist for a small engine to make a new build for my deceased MB... I guess that counts as working on it.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Research counts Chrisme.

Sorry to hear your bike is no more

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine

Thanks Dan. I had it coming... But I do miss the thing.

I blew the HT over the summer to the point of needing a total rebuild. So I'm going to go complete DIY and do my own build. I think after the experience I had with that, and the knowledge of people on here I can make something work!

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

ok so update on my mb i was too lazy too pedal start my motor so i used a power drill and a socket on the mag bolt to turn eer over

it took a long time to start and the entire crank case was full of gas cause it all came spewing out but after a while i got it started then after about four or five minutes it died i went to check on it and the fuel was leaking ou the carb so i drained the tank completly took apart the carb and found nothing wrong the needle valve was seeling perfectly fine and the float was water proof so i put it back together and it stoped leaking

i didnt find anything inside so i assume condensation froze or something im gonna start putting heat in my fuel every tank full to protect from flooding

i didnt really have enough time to put it together before work so i bummed a ride

tommorow its supposed to be really windy out there i cant wait 0 degrees wind and then more wind from going fast

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

ohh i fogot to mention when i was starting my bike with a drill and had the mag cover off i noticed that the crank itself moves in and out easily by hand and moves about a 3/16 of an inch what could cause this bad bearing or has it been like this since day one

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado

I've always hated that 'click' sound when I release the clutch lever lock. It just sounds...cheap. I took a 3/32" I.D. rubber 'O' ring and slipped it over the end of the pin, just behind the little washer on the inside of the clutch lever.
Now when I release the lock it has a much better sound. More precision than 'click'
Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA

Rode the ol AMF Cruiser, it was cold as heck out there for sure but I had to take it for a quick ride!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Wow Tom. Clever, simple and cheap. Gonna try it. Thanks

Changed oil again. Has been 30 to 50F here and when I changed the oil. As soon as I replaced the 30W with 30W, temps dropped to 20s and stayed there. So now using 5W 30 as recommended. Did make a huge difference. Was stalling sitting at idle even after a long ride.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

I stared at my favorite picture of Dave 31's picture of the Boxxer. Been planning in my head real hard about my next Morini project! ;) This has been in the planning for me for a while tho..

Was googling for 10 gauge stainless spokes..all day and pricing parts. Going over the whole thing in my head..

That's a good simple Mod 2door(^)

Attachments

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon

I went down at a semi slow speed going in a small circle the front wheel slid on a patch of green slime algae on the concrete, the bike seems to be kinda ok the tank has a couple of dents and the throttle leaver broke off, it was a clutch leaver I was using for the throttle. I hate the twist grip throttle and I liked having a throttle stop at 3/4 full I could keep going but rest both hands when needed it was nice. What sucks more is that all my other brake levers are the small size thread size adjusters and the throttle cable has the large thread size adjuster so now I have to either use the twist grip or go and buy a brake lever. But the part that scares me the most is that the motor seems slower afterwords but I can't see or hear anything wrong and I don't see any marks on the motor anywhere I hope when I get it back together again for the fifth time it runs as good a the first day I set up the new motor. :-||

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny

working on this.. check out my albums for full description.. help is needed so please give me your advice..

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

I stared at my favorite picture of Dave 31's picture of the Boxxer. Been planning in my head real hard about my next Morini project! ;) This has been in the planning for me for a while tho..

Was googling for 10 gauge stainless spokes..all day and pricing parts. Going over the whole thing in my head..

That's a good simple Mod 2door(^)
Yikes!!! that is one hot looking machine!

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

changed over from the 44tooth on the HD hub to the 36tooth. I now get to work a whole 5mins faster over a 24km ride.. WOW lol.
Just my thoughts are it isnt as much fun down low but it has the top speed back.
Nothing like wind dragging behind the trucks if your abit of a loose nut.hehe
The motor sounds the same at 38km/hr with the 44tooth as it does at 48km/hr with the 36tooth.