what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

edangel

Sep 7, 2010
seveirville tn
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

i would like to know i got a zone 8 motor and a nothier compney has the same parts can i used them taking my cdi coil yesterday was going down the street and my bike died i can put my hand on the plug wheh its out and pull nothing no shock so i dont know if its my cdi coil or magneto one compey has it 10 dollars cheaper and one of my spring on the arms magneto of the pull start i found that at the bottom of the motor if any one knows where to get them plese let me know thanks edangel

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona

My grips came lose and I dont have anymore grip lock so I used some safety wire or mechanics wire to get them nice and snug on the handlebars.

Attachments

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

dan, most of those gloves are fleece lined. which becomes totally useless (and cold) when wet.

i go for the real thing: Body Glove 3mm EX3 Gloves 1621 with reviews at scuba.com

climbing steel towers all day would destroy them in a coupla weeks, so another trick i used was to buy those cheap brown gloves from 7-11 or liquor stores for like 2.99, (like these: Gloves - Buckhorn Industrial, Inc.) and wear them over the thinner warm water gloves.

sport chalet, REI, and other big sporting goods stores usually have a good selection.

Finally a glove Idea I will try!! I have road through every winter there was here. I have had good luck with mechanic gloves and another glove on top. This is the hardest thing I ever solved. A guy stuck on a tower above the Earth with froze stiff hands would definitely look into the problem:rolleyes: rotflrotfl(^)

Thanks! I will look into this! I have been meaning to try the Scuba gloves..

jKellym

Jul 23, 2010
Houston

After Having leaks in the same place on two gas tanks, I used an epoxy compound to seal the leak called PC-7. Both tanks leaked where the studs met the tank. I also replaced the carb with a NT carb and installed my rear kick stand. I will give it a ride tomorrow and see if I can hit the 40 MPH mark. With previous carb, before the float connectors got bent, I was losing power at 34 MPH. Now that I have everything as I like it, I'm getting a little antsy. I just can't find anything else to buy for it. I would really like a light set that would have about 5-600 lumen without spending 500 bucks.

Cheers
Kelly

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Had an awesome Sunday with her. Just sort of dusted and cleaned her up. Got a garden hose splitter so as to try both a real muffler vs the blow bag. Is amazing how much quieter the blow bag is. With the splitter, can open both outlets for free exhaust and partial muffle or go full muffler. Second pic is just muffler run st8 from pipe.

EMT/conduit, plumbing and hose parts work awesome for this mix an' matching. On and off by hand.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

off topic alert. I never realized how much the muffler affects the way dogs react to a MB. Experimenting today with the rubber blow bag and splitter alone, dogs barely looked up at me going by. Just saying in case it would help any one who lives by nervous or angry dogs.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine

Ain't no doggie that can catch me lolz - fleeing in terror from cranky canines my specialty :D

As far as "what did ya do to your MB today" ...well... I put gas in it, which actually is a bit of an event lol - I managed to not even spill any w00t! dance1

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine

Had an awesome Sunday with her. Just sort of dusted and cleaned her up. Got a garden hose splitter so as to try both a real muffler vs the blow bag. Is amazing how much quieter the blow bag is. With the splitter, can open both outlets for free exhaust and partial muffle or go full muffler. Second pic is just muffler run st8 from pipe.

EMT/conduit, plumbing and hose parts work awesome for this mix an' matching. On and off by hand.
Dan,What the heck is that black thing a ****** bag?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Ain't no doggie that can catch me lolz - fleeing in terror from cranky canines my specialty :D

dance1
LOL BA

Dan,What the heck is that black thing a ****** bag?
Is a plumbers blow-bag. It is used to unclog pipes. You attach a garden hose to one end and put it in a clogged pipe. When the water gets turned on, it expands sealing off the pipe. It has a small hole in the front that like a high pressure squirt gun or power washer tip, shoots a small stream of water forward. Blocked aft by the expanded body. RiverSide :: blowBag muffler video by dan3xd - Photobucket
20 bucks at HomeDepot and 7 at HF. Works great! Way better then those fancy store bought mufflers the kids today are using.

.flg.

Jax2A

Nov 5, 2010
The LC, Ohio

I'm new, but I'll play...
This weekend I sacrificed a low end mountain bike for my 63 Columbia build. Using the black aluminum wheels and some of the shift mechanisms to make it a 5 speed on pedal power. Incorporated the upper chain stays and part of the drop outs to make part of the fork set up for my home brew leaf-springer front end. Painted the motor sprocket to be mounted in the wheel. Roughed out a wooden buck to make a gas tank that will fit between the tubes because I hated the look of the kit tank perched on top of the top tube. Oh yea, started refurbing a old seat I bought at a swap meet for fifty cents.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

I'm new, but I'll play...
This weekend I sacrificed a low end mountain bike for my 63 Columbia build. Using the black aluminum wheels and some of the shift mechanisms to make it a 5 speed on pedal power. Incorporated the upper chain stays and part of the drop outs to make part of the fork set up for my home brew leaf-springer front end. Painted the motor sprocket to be mounted in the wheel. Roughed out a wooden buck to make a gas tank that will fit between the tubes because I hated the look of the kit tank perched on top of the top tube. Oh yea, started refurbing a old seat I bought at a swap meet for fifty cents.
Oh man, she is gonna be cool! Great DIYing Jax.

.flg.

Forgot to say hello and welcome Jax

Last edited:

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska

that is great i especialy like the fact you can trun the valve and use it like a straight pip no muffler

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida

was once told that the threading in most of those mufflers is the same as emt fittings just wondering if yours had internal threads or not where the muffler attaches?

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida

Oh also torqued all my bolts back down made a muffler gasket, did some mild porting on the exhaust and intake manifold, put a HD shimano weinmann wheel on, and a #41 chain. Just can't figure out what the noise is above 21 kinda loping (i think that's how it's spelled) noise

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Really works great WA. The threaded male end, on the end of the pipe is held on with a screw and cost .80 cents or some thing. Meant to get a 3 way garden hose spigot today and forgot. Was to nice to stop ridding! But that will give exhaust a st8 shot out or allow me to try a third type of muffler. lol, a tad addicted, eh?

Today after work and a fact finding tour for us (the mber world) Went to test the "real" muffler. (read, long ride to relax) Is louder but being aft of the rider, makes no more noise for the rider. But was a lot better then the st8 pipe alone. But pretty much went for a ride and watched the sun set over my baby. Got artsi with the bat-cam. She so pretty with the sun setting on her.

brnot

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Howdy Bear. I typed that hrs ago and did not see your post. Yeppers, 3/4 emt mates right up to garden hose and plumbing fittings. Really liking the ease of them all. Now have to work on finding a way to hide the threading and bolting.
For that muffler with male end, bought a 3/4 female union. But goes on the hose spigot too.

IamTheBear

Oct 6, 2010
north florida

saw where you had mentioned splitting a copper fitting i think? to get the job done was the reason behind the statement/question btw any one happen to know what size a stock china girl muffler is wanna extend mine just hope it's not some strange mm size