total n00b.. se MI

GoldenMotor.com

Kraash

Jul 29, 2008
hello all.. I am as you see a complete n00b to motorbicycles.. so i thought i might tell you how i got here. I work fairly close to the house, about 1.5-2 miles. last year me and my wife got matching schwinn skyliner bikes from walmart (how cute, i know, i know) ...anyway, after a year of trying to talk myself into it i desided to ride my bike to work rather than drive (i need the exersise) so not being a morning person, i got up and road in almost still asleep. sooooo end of the work day, here i am all proud of myself.... and THE BIKE IS STOLEN! thats what i get for trying to do somthing nice in michigan.:(
I know. . this is getting long.... to rap it up, im looking all over the internet to try and replace my mens 07 schwinn skyliner, the silver and black one. (if you have an extra i would like to buy) which is not available in stores anymore, and while serching i found this site.
So as soon as I can replace my bike i want to build it =) it looks waaaaay fun! and who wants exersise anyway!
If anyone can point me in the right direction of some good starter threads (i want to do chain driven 2cyl) that would be great. I want to do a comfort style bike. Where do i start =) is the gold and white 08 skyliner a good bike to use??
Good to meet you all
Kraash~ (^)

bmoody

Jul 25, 2008
Welcome neighbor.

I live in dearborn. Ride my bike to work everyday. Rain or shine. Its nice when you live two and a half blocks from work.

I would check with jacks bike shop or the bike shop on monroe street in dearborn to see if they have/can get that schwinn you are looking for. If not I am sure they can get you a fine replacement of another model.

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
If anyone can point me in the right direction of some good starter threads (i want to do chain driven 2cyl) that would be great.
Good to meet you all
Kraash~ (^)
Welcome Kraash

I hope that you meant a chain driven two stroke . 2 cylinder motors are a little twitchy on small vehicles . ... D.J.

Kraash

Jul 29, 2008
ya 2stroke..see what a n00b =)... whats the easyest, cheepest, yet good 2 stroke out there??

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
ya 2stroke..see what a n00b =)... whats the easyest, cheepest, yet good 2 stroke out there??
Thats the million dollar question. Everyones definition of easy cheep and good varies. Cheap isn't usually easy or good. Easy isn't alway cheap or good. Good isn't always cheap or easy. When I get ready to get my next engine for the bike I'm building now, I'll get it from Dax. His reputation for service after the sale is worth a lot to me......................................

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I've seen junk and I've seen diamonds. I recomend checking out thatsdax.com Mans got it going on! And to keep it purring Pablo has the best oil ever made. Dax has 2stroke kits on sale now and he backs them up. Welcome to the forum, I'm glad your here. As a member I can say what I think. I think here you can't go wrong. Sorry about your bike. And if you need it, someone here knows where one is or will help you any way they can.
Later Tramp (c)