motor head, plug, piston gumming up?

GoldenMotor.com

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon
so i check my motor and parts often to make sure everything is in order. well when i first started running my 80cc slant motor from zoom bikes i ran it as the break in instructions said. so it was 16:1 gas oil mix with a decent 2stroke oil. well it ran great with this oil. it even ran so good i figured shoot ill keep running it with that oil at that ratio it ran so good. well my third tank of gas comes around and i used all my other gas and oil and was running low on oil so i used some walmart super teck cheap crap. i ran it at 32:1, now my motor is all gummy. the head has a layer of gunk on it. the piston has a layer of gunk on it. both ports have the gunk, and the spark plug is hating life.

so what do you guys think? im thinking this walmart oil needs to be banned from the shelf is what i think!

Last edited:

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
So you ran 3 tanks at 16:1 , then switched to crap oil for one tank at 32:1, and now everything is gummed up and you want to blame the last tank??!?!?
Buy decent oil and ignore the 16:1 breakin instructions .

mobike91

Sep 14, 2010
lebanon, oregon
So you ran 3 tanks at 16:1 , then switched to crap oil for one tank at 32:1, and now everything is gummed up and you want to blame the last tank??!?!?
Buy decent oil and ignore the 16:1 breakin instructions .
well, heres the thing, i took the head off and spark plug out durring the break in just to see if it was doing that, and it wasnt. it was just a dark stain with metal underneath it and you could tell it wasnt something you could scrape off. but this third tank of gas with the change in oil has it now all gummed up. i took a flat blade screw driver and scraped some off. its like nasty hard goo that burnt on in/around the cylinder, piston , and spark plug.