folding motorized 26 inch mountain bike

GoldenMotor.com

kbot6789

Feb 26, 2010
sahurita arizona
i just had a question i have a folding frame im thinking about putting a engine kit on it and selling it its a real good sturdy frame that fold just.. don't know what somebody would pay for a one that folds up to go in a car or what not any ideas for one thats restored and folds up ? thanks guys

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
MB Monkey and I have been talking about doing one for a while. Staton has a rack mount that looks purty awesome; Motorized Bicycles Detail Page Would be really cool. I was thinking boat folks or a marina would be a great place to offer them. Really looking forward to seeing your build.

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
just think ahead - folding bike = portable = put in the trunk = gas tank is sideways .

you want to have a gas tank that doesn,t leak when its full and sittins in its side .

float bowls , yada yada yada

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
the gas tank wouldn't be such a hard thing to find (weedeater)
however.... the float bowl would surley leak if it was laid over.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Wouldn't fit in a car trunk Hum, but for just that, (gas spilling) I was thinking a box that would hold it upright. Just thoughts I had. Really think a folder MB is a great idea. The small motors, you can flip 360 and no gas will leak.

GX35

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
yea that could be done, you can buy quick disconnect fuel fittings if you search hard enough. they work almost like airhose couplers.

but you still have the carbs float! especially on the HT's. the only way around that would be to adapt a walbro type vaccum carb. totally possibble.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
just drain the carb,along with the fuel tank. I sometimes take 2 bikes with me in the car trunk.
remove the front wheel and if I need to remove the rear wheel. Most of the carbs have that sorry little drain screw on them.
It takes about 30 minutes to either put both together again or take them apart to travel.
So far no problems except the old lady doesn't like it when I take off on the bikes with my brother in law. We're gone most of the day out riding in the country in Mo.